• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Awesome huge win for us greenies :D :D , good stuff team... liam any reason i wasnt bowling in that game? stiff shoulder..?

mmm i didnt do that well in the 1st innings , but 39 is alright but still need to get more runs than that..

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Congragulations team , this is huge from the dismal way we started of into the season , but right now we seem to getting into our groove which is real good :) , lets just keep the top team work ethic going !!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Oh dear...we lose to England A...and I'd really rather have taken some of those catches and for us to win the match rather than hit 36 and 55. However, there were some positives from the match, and if we can all improve in what we're supposed to be doing out there in the middle, we should bounce back in the next match!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointing loss for the Blues, though happy with my 5-wicket haul in the first innings. Shouldn't have dropped that catch though... oh, and I got a 26-ball duck. :dry:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
i understand that but as a team we are not travelling to well in the fc so being dropped is like saying its your fault , does that make sense.

Well I made the call to make wholesale changes (3 at first, turned into 4)

We then won the next game, so there was no way that side was going to be changed then.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr. P said:
I got dropped again after I had served my ban...
No, you weren't reselected, as I warned you that you might not be.

Your replacement came in and took what, 9 wickets in the game - so he's not going to be dropped for you after that.

The pace bowling attack as a unit has performed well in the last 2 games, so I can't see changes being made yet on that.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
And I had, what, the best bowling average for the Reds before my ban?

Just trying out some logic. But nevermind I know its impossible to win this battle of words and/or speak my mind because if I do I will get banned again...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, but which of the 3 men who all performed should be dropped for someone who has caused friction?

Seeing as we won, none of them, regardless of previous games from you.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Have I really caused friction? Please be honest in your answer, we both know the truth.

Aside from that, IT'S A SIMULATION.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
3 games. 79 runs @ 13.17

and the guy that replaced me what did he get. and everyone else in teh side what are there stats.

so the (VC) means nothing if you can just make a decision like that. so why have a vc if we need to and the skipper then gets injured then pick someone to lead then.

reverse the rolls mate and i am sure you would be dissappointed, thats all. i will cope my dropping but it would be nice to be approached or told prior, considering i was at the time the vc.

Last edited: