• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Agreed totally - well played boys - although not sure Liam was thinking of by not bowling Zebra (and batting him at 11!)

A good team effort considering the changes made prior to the game.
The seamers were making it happen and intermitent rain delays meant they were always fresh. Add that to I simply forgot he was in the side after a point in the second innings.

Mr Mxyzptlk

cbuts said:
hey liam, i make it that i brought up my 3000 fc devleague run run in theat game?
Yes you did. Good spot.
Notable also is that Ash Chaulk passed 1000 FC runs in the second to last CW Black game.
Cloete passed 5000 FC runs with his first innings of the season. Eyes passed 3500 FC runs in the second Red game of the season.
Imran Khan Jr. passed 1500 runss in the most recent Red game.
Jason Toogood passed 2500 runs in the most recent Blue game. Marc passed 3000 FC runs in the second to last Red game.
Mr Ponting passed 1000 FC runs in the second to last Red game.
Peter Young passed 4000 FC runs in the last Blue game. Rich_2001 passed 3000 FC runs in the first Black game.
Rob Timwell hasn't scored an FC run in 3 career games - he's batted just once and has been not out.
Sam Vimes passed 2500 FC runs in the second Red game of the season. StUEy cruised past 2500 FC runs in the last Blue game.
Tom Halsey passed 1000 FC runs in the last Blue game.
Xavier Rose passed 500 FC runs in the first Green game of the season.
Daniel Muhaffy passed 50 FC wickets in the first Blue game.
Imran Khan Jr. took his 100th FC wicket in the last Red game.
Nath Patrick crossed 50 FC wickets in the first Blue game.
Tom Hasley passed 150 FC wickets in his County Cricket stint.
Zaid Ghansar reached 50 FC wickets in the second to last Red game.
Neil Pickup became the first CW bowler to take 200 FC wickets when he dismissed Blewy in the last Black game.

The CWBCC congratulates Neil Pickup on his fantastic achievement.

Approaching milestones to keep an eye out for:

Andre needs 51 runs for 2000 FC runs.
Bugssy needs 6 FC wickets for 50.
Chris Broadbent needs 10 FC wickets for 50.
Daniel Muhaffy needs 115 runs for 1000 FC runs.
Dave needs 17 FC wickets for 150.
David Kennett needs 21 FC wickets for 150.
Deeps needs 131 runs for 2000 FC runs.
Gibs N Smith needs 76 runs for 3500 FC runs.
Jagaways needs 31 runs for 1000 FC runs.
Jamee999 needs 129 runs for 2000 FC runs.
Lo' Darkness needs 120 runs for 2000 FC runs.
Lo' Darkness needs 9 FC wickets for 100.
Master Blaster needs 95 runs for 1500 FC runs.
Master Blaster needs 1 FC wicket for 150.
Mr Ponting needs 8 FC wickets for 150.
Mr Wright needs 127 runs for 500 FC runs.
Mr Wright needs 25 FC wickets for 150.
Neil Pickup needs 79 runs for 500 FC runs.
Paid the Umpire needs 121 runs for 1500 FC runs.
Sanz needs 27 FC wickets for 100.
Supah Freak needs 23 FC wickets for 50.
Umpire Money needs 280 runs for 2000 FC runs.
Vishnu Reddy needs 18 FC wickets for 50.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Wow, a little competition begins between the Red pacers:

"Mr Ponting needs 8 FC wickets for 150.
Mr Wright needs 25 FC wickets for 150."

A little race to see who gets there. With Mr P ruled out by the captain, Kennett performing explosivly and Wright a consistant performer it can be a interesting battle!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One thing that I didn't notice when I looked at the scorecard was that I was out in both innings...so my unbeaten run with the bat is over. :@

Mr Mxyzptlk

Schedule:

5D:
CW Blue v CW Green at Cairns
England A v CW Red at the CW Oval

The 12-man squads for tomorrow's games:

Cricket Web Red
Marc71178 (C), Samuel Vimes (wk), Ian Markus, Zaid Ghansar, Dave, Mr Wright, A Massive Zebra, Andre, David Kennett, Gibbs N Smith, Nibblet, Imran Khan Jr.

Unchanged squad.

Cricket Web Blue
Peter Young (C), Mr Mxyzptlk (vc), Dylan Jellett (wk), Jason Toogood, Daniel Muhaffy, Craig, StUEy, Broncoman, Nath Patrick, Adam, Tom Halsey, Amir Ahmad.

Unchanged from last 5D.

Cricket Web Green
Age Master (C), Lord of Darkness (vc), Eyes Only (wk), Cloete, Xavier Rose, Blewy, Waughney, Biased Indian, Delkap, Nathan Hoy, Rob Timewell, Loony Bob.

Unchanged squad.

Neil Pickup

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Neil Pickup needs 79 runs for 500 FC runs.
Should manage that sometime around the middle of season nine, then. Delighted at wicket number 200, mind, though I'd happily have taken 0-129 and won.

Pleased with the fight we showed in the middle order after being forced onto the back foot by the New Zealanders, but I think a bit more catching practice is in order.

Come on Blacks.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Not happy with my runs in that last game. 7 and 28 - just not good enough - need to spend a lot more time in the nets if I want to keep my place. :( I'm really looking to boost my average, too, it's just not paying off when I make the same old mistakes.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Cricket Web Green
Age Master (C), Lord of Darkness (vc), Eyes Only (wk), Cloete, Xavier Rose, Blewy, Waughney, Biased Indian, Delkap, Nathan Hoy, Rob Timewell, Loony Bob.
hmmm, though there may have been a change or to, but very happy to be charging in or carrying the drinks on the weekend. GO GREEN, blues got nothing ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
steds said:
Go Reds.
Want to see a repeat of the last match from the seamers.
Here here, and how refreshing it is to see someone not in the team showing such thoughts of team > individual!

biased indian

International Coach
my first fifty that was nice but was out cheaply in first inngs and lately has not taken any wickets in 5d hope to improve on the next game

and come on greens we have to win thw next game we are on the upward curve

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Would love to bowl in cricket games... but if we can win without me bowling ,, then I never want a bowl.GO REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Wow, a little competition begins between the Red pacers:

"Mr Ponting needs 8 FC wickets for 150.
Mr Wright needs 25 FC wickets for 150."

A little race to see who gets there. With Mr P ruled out by the captain, Kennett performing explosivly and Wright a consistant performer it can be a interesting battle!
Right, I hope that spurs you on to another good performance!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tom Halsey said:
1000 runs and 150 wickets double - how many have done that Liam?
Only 2 players have more than 150 wickets in FC cricket - Lucky Eddie and Neil Pickup. Therefore it's no surprise that only 1 player has 1500 runs to boot. Guess who. :)