• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
OK cheers mate, I had to delete WinZip and WinRAR from my computer because it is being sent back for repair so can't access any of my zip files. Sorry all. :)
Why did you have to delete them though?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'm in the 25Smash because i can bat a bit too.BTW, it's not easy to bowl in competitions like that.Also, I'm bowling at the end if i'm not mistaken when they're looking to accelerate even more.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Marc please stop abusing your power:(

Don't sack/ban people for the sake of it - you completely misinterpreted my point...

cbuts

International Debutant
hmmm, since my century it has been downhill! hopefully can get some runs in the 5d tongiht - hahaha pickup you have dropped a few this season, whilst your practicing your catching ill be in the nets!

Slats4ever

We finally had a win. well how bout that! well done guys. let's whoop some **** in this 4day game and we'll put some respectability in the start of this season

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WOAH! im usually modest :p but how awesome am i, go away for a few days and comeback to the first century. Im hoping i can carry this form into the 1d game and maybe i can come into the selectors mind a bit more....
oh and keep it up blue, we are going pretty well, stuey, craig and broncoman top 3, too easy :D

Slats4ever

whenever i go to a ground to play cricket for CW Red i graffiti all the lockers with "Cloete 4 Blewy" and "A.C Loves G.B"

i think the tides are turning on his career.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Why wouldn't he love me... :p I mean with performances like that in the 25 over SMASH you love me to mate, you just can't admit it.. :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:
Why wouldn't he love me... :p I mean with performances like that in the 25 over SMASH you love me to mate, you just can't admit it.. :p
You are quite correct there Blewy. I have studied a bit of Pshycology (although not spelling) in my time, and it is often found that those who like to spread rumours about relationships often have a secret attraction to one or both of the people they are trying to slander.

Simon

hmm thats not the type of comments we expect from the test captain, i know we are a close team, but damn!

Slats4ever

unfortunately blewy i don't love you anymore and can no longer go on supporting your raging ***uality tendencies of homosexuality.

Ur a rude inconsiderate little *******... they way you attacked my Province babies.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Slats4ever said:
unfortunately blewy i don't love you anymore and can no longer go on supporting your raging ***uality tendencies of homosexuality.

Ur a rude inconsiderate little *******... they way you attacked my Province babies.

haahahahahaha gee slats, they are all out to get ya buddy!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Monday 23rd August

What an amazing round of matches! Two of the greatest Dev League matches ever I'd say. There was great batting and bowling and it set up to be nailbiters on each occasion. Great cricket!

Cricket Web Red v Australia A at the WACA

Match Start conditions:

Ball : The ball is nice and new.
Pitch : A perfect batting pitch with no visible cracks.
Bounce : High bounce. Just what the fast bowlers want.
Outfield : Slow outfield.
Weather : Very overcast.

Toss: Australia, bowl first

Before the game the spirits in the Reds dressing room were slightly raised after winning the 25Smash game against the Aussies the day before. Still, everyone knew that the Reds were struggling in the longer form and needed something to boost that morale. Marc began by shuffling around his batting order with some drastic changes. Top players, Bugssy, Deeps and Mr Ponting were omitted and the veterans Andre and David Kennett joined the mix. Another change was the inclusion of spinner A Massive Zebra for his first 5D game this season.

After being sent in, Vimes and Gibbs N Smith (newly returned from injury) took guard. The Australian bowling was fierce, quick and short to begin with and Vimes fell early, fending Bichel straight up into the air. Smith and Marc battled through some tough bowling but neither got to too many runs for their effort when they were dismissed. Ian Markus stroked 3 lovely offside boundaries and then attempted to flick Bracken away and was trapped LBW - 62/3. Andre and Zaid Ghansar got together and batted maturely and intelligently. While Andre attacked the bowling, Ghansar dropped anchor.

Approaching their fifties, both batsmen departed within 4 runs of each other and suddenly the Reds were back in trouble - 166/6. Bichel quickly finished the tail with some straight bowling and CW Red was all out for a disappointing 184, losing 6 for 22.

Now it was the time of testing for David Kennett. Having splashed onto the scene for the CW XI years ago, Kennett faded away with back injuries and began his run in for another opportunity at FC cricket. Success didn't stay away too long and Kennett got Hussey edging to slip for 9. At stumps Australia A sat at 24/1. No one could expect what would come the next day.

Dave started the attack on day two and beat Love with 5 consecutive balls and then knocked back his offstump with a pearler of a legcutter. Buoyed by the wicket, the Reds began a hostile assault and Khan Jr. had Elliott in his first spell of the innings, replacing Dave. Zebra dropped the struggling Maher when he was on 17, Khan the bowler, but joy was not too far off when Blewett slashed Kennett to the gully - 53/4. Khan's perserverance paid off and he trapped Maher in front a few overs after.

Batting at 6, Symonds looked in good touch, but was brilliantly run out by Marc for 10 - 65/6. Just 2 balls after, Kennett got Noffke to edge to 4th slip - 65/7 - and a ball later he got Bracken at 2nd slip - 65/8 and Kennett on a hat-trick. The pacer would not get his hat-trick, but took his fifth wicket right before lunch and then saw Dave knock over Hauritz soon after. The Reds rallied to bowl out Australia A for 75 runs, taking the last 7 wickets for only 22.

Still high on adrenaline, Vimes was almost yorked by Williams 3rd ball but instead was given out LBW. Marc came to the crease and played a tempered innings alongside Smith. Soon after tea, Hauritz got into the act and dismissed both batsmen to mistimed legside shots - 73/3. Markus was dropped by Hauritz before he scored but went on to play a lovely innings of shots for the Red cause. Andre gathered all his experience once more and proved his worth with what turned out to be a matchwinning halfcentury, batting with the tail until he was the last man out for 69 - 240 all out.

Set 350 runs to win with over a day and a half left in the match, the Aussies began poorly. Kennett picked up where he left off and got Maher caught behind and then trapped Love in front before he scored. Dave bounced Hussey and got the glove through to Vimes and suddenly it was 20/3. The Reds, fired up, then faced a great show of patience from Elliott (dropped on 51 by Markus off Mr Wright) and Blewett (dropped on 47 by Smith off Mr Wright) until Dave had the latter caught at first slip with the last ball of day three - 135/4.

It wasn't long on the fifth day when Dave got Williams caught behind and the Reds were cruising. Khan dropped Symonds on 12 off Dave though, and the Australians reached lunch at 187/5. After lunch the batsmen advanced the score quickly to 218 and then Symonds dragged on to Kennett. There was a stoppage of play due to rain for 44 minutes and play resumed with the pace attack fresh once again and the tail exposed. Zebra continued to field at long leg having not bowled in the game as yet, after 137 overs.

Mr Wright took care of Bichel with an inswinger soon after the restart and Marc increased the attacking field. The Australians were not intent on giving up however and they battled on. Noffke edged consecutive Mr Wright balls through the slip cordon for boundaries, but Elliott tried his best to farm the strike. Vimes put down a catch off each batsman in the final session of day four and the Aussies inched forward.

Elliott reached his century and looked well set to bring it home for his team when disaster struck. The left-hander pushed to the covers and set off for a quick single and Zebra maximized on the opportunity, effecting a close run out after the third umpire deliberated - 310/8. Noffke smacked Kennett overhead for a boundary and suddenly it was just 30 more needed. Then Mr Wright had his say and enticed an offdrive from Noffke, edged and held in the gully. Relief and joy spread across the faces allround as the realization of victory was renewed. It was realized as Khan Jr. returned and held a fierce straight drive by Bracken - 325 all out and victory for Cricket Web Red by 25 runs!

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 184 all out
Australia 'A' 1st Innings 75 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 240 all out
Australia 'A' 2nd Innings 324 all out
Cricket Web Red won by 25 runs.

---

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Black at the SCG

Match Start conditions:

Pitch : A fairly good batting pitch with a few cracks.
Bounce : High bounce. Just what the fast bowlers want.
Outfield : Fast outfield.
Weather : Cloudy with occasional breaks of sun.

Toss: Cricket Web Green, chose to bat

It was the clash of the contrasts - Cricket Web Black and Cricket Web Green. The Greens entered beaten in all 3 FC games this season whilst the Blacks rattled off big wins over England A and CW Red. Searching for something special, Age Master won the toss and decided that the way to get his team going would be a trial by fire. As such he elected to bat first on a bowler's paradise of a pitch.

Loony Bob and Biased Indian were the first into the furnest. Bob never really looked settled and play tentatively in defence whilst Biased Indian struggled to time the ball. After an hour of waiting and pressuring, both were back in the hut and it was 34/2. The Greens went to lunch at 53/2 with Cloete and Blewy at the crease.

The Australian-born CW XI players came out after lunch with a new plan of attack - counterattack! Cloete raced to his fifty from 66 balls, but perished soon after as he lofted Superkingdave to Blaster at longoff. It was Superkingdave's maiden FC wicket on his FC debut. The celebration continues soon as Pickup, who has been taken on well by Cloete and Blewy, dismissed his CW XI skipper, caught well at bat/pad. Hunter dropped Waughney on 4 off Superkingdave and that would be a HUGE missed chance.

Looking in good form as always, Age Master advanced to a start but got a good one from Blaster and was caught in the slips. Eyes Only made her way out struggling for runs this season. She settled down with Waughney and the two took their team to stumps at 254/5. On day two of the 5-day game Eyes was more positive early and reached her half-century from 140 balls. Waugney then cut Blaster to the ropes to bring up the 100-run partnership. Just as things were really looking good, Broadbent fetched Eyes' outside edge with a good outswinger and it was 275/6. Nathan Hoy came out to bat in just his second FC game and applauded Waughney as he reached his maiden FC fifty (162 balls) in the next over.

The two batsmen played a patient game and dispatched the bad ball, which came soon enough. The partnership reached a century and then right after, Waughney did too. It was a tremendous knock overall and he hit some 13 fours in reaching the milestone. Two overs later, Hoy got to a second fifty in as many games and the Greens started to pick up the tempo a bit. Looking totally comfortable at the crease, the partnership passed 150 and then Hoy picked out extra cover with a lofted shot off Pickup. Waughney picked up the pace further and hit Pickup for a four and then a six, then Superkingdave avenged his skipper to have him caught behind. The right-handed batsman walked off the field to great applause after his tremendous knock. Lord of Darkness and the tail tried to add some quick runs to the total, but ultimately Pickup and Blaster ended the extraordinary batting effort at 475.

As has happened so many times to teams in the field for a long period, the Blacks lost early wickets. Timewell, in for his first FC game this season, got Eclipse to edge to 3rd slip with just his 3rd ball and it was 0/1. Age Master strengthen the catching cordon and Rich_2001 took advantage with a couple of cut shot boundaries and the played on going for another one. Buts joined Jagaways and the two saw the effort to stumps at 59/2.

Buts played freely early in the first session and the partnership crossed 50 when Jagaways' struggling knock was ended by Rose. When Buts joined him back in the pavilion, the score read 106/4 and Hoy had his first wicket. Hoy got new batsman Ferd hooking early in his innings, but the catch was dropped by Timewell on the ropes and Ferd escaped on 10. Darkness then dropped Ferd again, off Hoy again... on the same score! Ferd didn't last much longer though and justice had it that Hoy took his wicket LBW.

At lunch CW Black was 133/5 and they resumed with attack on the mind. Ash Chaulk in particular was in great form and showed it. He hit 4 fours in 15 balls off Waughney and Darkness and reached a half-century from 87 balls. Hunter's took slightly longer (89 balls) but the Blacks reached tea looking better - 245/5. Rose started after tea, but had trouble with noballs (4 in 3 overs). He regrouped, however, and enticed Hunter to pull him straight to midwicket. Superkingdave came and went as Timewell trapped him LBW and it was 253/7 suddenly. Sensing a new urgency, Ash Chaulk shifted up a gear and celebrated a tremendous hundred with his 165th delivery. He was dropped by Age Master off Hoy, but the bowler once again bounced back and took Chaulk's wicket then Pickup's right after to end with a maiden 5-wicket haul and end the Black innings - 308 all out.

Now in unfamiliar territory, the Greens were endowed with a lead of 167. Still the openers started off watchfully and saw off the new ball. Loony Bob receieved an identical dismissal to the first innings and Cloete came in to play identically to the way he did the first time around. The great batsman stamped his class with a variety of drives down the ground and looked in supreme touch. At the other end Indian played the anchor and got to a first FC fifty from 103 balls.

At lunch on day four the Greens sat prettily with a lead of 277 runs and 9 wickets in hand. After lunch Superkingdave got Indian, but Cloete pushed on. Pickup dropped him off Superkingdave when he was on 43 and he swept the offender for a boundary and a fifty (53 balls). The Black captain regained his focus and trapped Blewy with a topspinner and then produced a beautiful legbreak only to see Chaulk miss the catch. Superkingdave would be the next wicket-taker and got one to bounce on Cloete and take a fending top edge. Skipper Age Master got a start again but Pickup bowled him with a googly and the score read 200/5.

Darkness and Waughney pushed on busily but the latter was caught sweeping off Superkingdave and then the rains came a while later. An hour and 20 minutes was lost and the Greens declared immediately to set CW Black a target of 396 from 91 overs on a pitch that was still fair for batting. The openers survived the 1 over left on day four and returned to battle on the last day.

Last Day conditions:

Pitch : A pitch with quite a few cracks.
Bounce : Okay bounce with the odd one keeping low.
Outfield : Very fast outfield. Lots of boundaries likely to be scored.
Weather : Very overcast.

It only took 2 balls on day five and Timewell had his name in the books. Rich_2001 edged a good length ball and was easily caught behind. Eclipse played positively after that and was unfortunate to be run out by Superkingdave's direct throw from the third man fence. At lunch the Blacks were 100/2 and some 59 overs were left to be negotiated. After lunch Jagaways and Buts marked a fifty partnership and then the latter was dismissed caught and bowled. The left-handed Buts attempted to pull his fellow left-handed Hoy, but was cramped for room and lobbed a simple catch back to the bowler.

Jagaways drove postively through the covers and raised his bat to the crowd - 51 from 132 balls. The ball before tea he executed the same shot again and raised the half-century stand with Ferd. With just 30 overs left in the game, Jagaways and Ferd resumed after the tea break at 177/3 and still 219 runs behind the Greens. Rose came back into the attack and immediately struck gold, except Eyes Only dropped the simple chance off Ferd's half-hearted forward push. Grateful for the help, Ferd flicked Rose aerially for a boundary to go to his maiden FC half-century, facing 99 balls for the achievement.

Jagaways survived a very close LBW shout by Rose (replays showed it to be OUT) and at the start of the last hour of play, Cricket Web Black was well-placed - 224/3. The over before the new ball was to be taken, Rose found Ferd's edge and Cloete was the willing slip catcher - 226/4. The new cherry was immediately received and Timewell yorked first innings centurion, Ash Chaulk - 237/5. Suddenly with a bit of drama about, Timewell also yorked Hoy and the Blacks were down to their last 4 wickets with 27 balls remaining in the game.

The tense air was cut by the pumped Timwell, but Master Blaster played him upright and straight, driving for 4 and ultimately surviving the time. Jagaways was left stranded on 92 but played the crucial role in an inspired Black comeback and a drawn result.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 475 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 308 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 228 for 6 dec.
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 272 for 6
Match Drawn.

Attachments