• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
**** yes. i don't care if cricketweb doesn't let us do swearing. we're back. if people ever doubted our determinaion to come back. well we showed you then. now watch out. the bowlers were great in the first dig lead by Kennett to make up for the batting demise and then the batsman were finally back as the really knuckled down to set up a win.

Come on guys we're a train stating to pick up some good momentum now.

Andre

International Regular
Well done Red. This is perhaps my proudest moment as a division league player - my personal performance is irrelevant, but the fact we have bounced back from such adversity fills me with a great sense of pride. Well done boys, but lets keep away from the bar until we have really hit our straps.

Congrats on the courageous performce to all Reds.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We tried our best to lose fellas...taking those catches would have given us an easy win.

Thank you to skipper Marc for showing confidence in my abilities when things were tight.

Great stuff Kennett on your return mate, well done.

This has to be the game that the Reds turn the corner.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That was some good stuff. Just a shame about all the dropped catches, but I think some of those that are referred to as "very hard chances", probably are stuff that go at 100mph past your fingertips.

Up the Reds!

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Well, atleast the Greens hv broken the 5D losing streak.. hopefully can notch up a win next time.

On a personal note, extremely dissapointed in not making the XI, despite an average of 17.5 (SR: 54) Well hope to impress in the nets, and get back in the team :)

Go Greens !!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr. P said:
Marc please stop abusing your power:(

You have 2 options - 1) stop moaning and take your suspension like a man or 2) keep moaning and then not get reinstated to the side.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
We tried our best to lose fellas...taking those catches would have given us an easy win.

Thank you to skipper Marc for showing confidence in my abilities when things were tight.

Great stuff Kennett on your return mate, well done.

This has to be the game that the Reds turn the corner.
Agreed totally - well played boys - although not sure Liam was thinking of by not bowling Zebra (and batting him at 11!)

A good team effort considering the changes made prior to the game.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
You have 2 options - 1) stop moaning and take your suspension like a man or 2) keep moaning and then not get reinstated to the side.
OK I will take option 1 if you tell me why I have been banned.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
very dissapointing macth as a whole, the first innings was solid, great effort from the lower order, particularly Waughney. Cloete, Eyes and Hoy were also good.

the bowling was again solid, without being spectacular, Hoy was particularly good talking 5/45 from 20 overs. very disspointing t hat none of you could dismiss Ash, damn we teack people too well at Green.

we put ourselves in a stong effort in our 2nd innings as well, admitadley not at great pace, but still, solid, Cloete put in another 1/2 century, this innings was joinged by Biased Indian. almost everyone else got a start anf failed to capatalise on it. particularly on my part as it was the 2nd time in the game for me.

Their 2nd innings was poor on the part of the bowlers and fielders, team bowling SR was 109 which is about double what it should be.

positves can be taken, but as a team we must turn up to play the whole game, not just well in patches and poorly in patches, too many batsmen (of which i am probably the worst offender) getting starts and failing to capatalise. Not a loss in this game, but still a way of a win in this form i feel :(.

masterblaster

International Captain
Good job Blacks, we're still undefeated but we need to show signs of improvement in several areas.

One of them is fielding. Especially our catching, lately the skipper himself, Neil hasn't been doing this too well. Neil needs to lead by example in the fielding department and we need to hold on to our catches. Otherwise Neil has been doing a superb job as captain, and hopefully I have been complementing him with the vice captain duties as well.

As Kwase said, we need that Australian killer instinct to finsh off our opponents.

Otherwise, it was a fairly decent game. Lets keep the ball rolling Blacks!

Last edited:

cbuts

International Debutant
well we played hsit and got a draw boys. the onld saying capty catches win matches. i blew a couple of half centurys pretty dissapointed, congrats ash. hey liam, i make it that i brought up my 3000 fc devleague run run in theat game?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
oh my god that was a personally very shocking game on my play.. crap bowling and crap batting..

Overall the team did awesome... everyone contributed really well and our bowlers held up well.. good fight by the blacks to keep the heat on us throughout... oh well i hope the next 5d game for us is a win now :)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
25 Smash game was brilliant for us, very happy with our teams performance, thumbs up to Mr Wright for another outstanding bowling performance, he really is the pick of our Smash25 bowlers this season.

The 5 dayer was fantastic, we played like a team, rather then individuals, and it showed in the scorecard. Awsome performance by David Kennett with his 5fer and 3fer, I knew he would do well, after missing out on every game so far this season he really made a bang here, Good competition between him, and the man he replaced, Mr P. That competition can only benefit the team.

Personally I was happy with taking some wickets, 5 for the match is a good comeback after missing the last 25Smash games, so I was pleased about that.

However after 2 wins (Smash25 and 5D), we can't get ****y and expect to win after this, we need to keep our heads down and continue to work hard to keep the results coming.

ash chaulk

International Captain
The Blacks should have won our last 2 well i wish we had of so i could brag about beating my old team :P

anyways i made scores against them in 2 of the innings out of 3 appart from that we have the same problem as most teams feilding!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Hoy got new batsman Ferd hooking early in his innings, but the catch was dropped
:(
Darkness then dropped Ferd again, off Hoy again
:scared:
He was dropped by Age Master off Hoy
:crazy:

*left bald after tearing all hair out*

We'll we Greenies (of the non-hippie kind...) are starting to put things together after a bit of a slow start to the 5d dev league season. Tings looked good after the first 1/2 of the game but our performance in the field in the second innings was a little dissappointing.

Time to hit the nets and try to stay in the selection picture...

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
ash chaulk said:
The Blacks should have won our last 2 well i wish we had of so i could brag about beating my old team :P

anyways i made scores against them in 2 of the innings out of 3 appart from that we have the same problem as most teams feilding!

I can field

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr. P said:
OK I will take option 1 if you tell me why I have been banned.
You can't honestly need it spelled out to you.

Hint, look at the comment you made that caused my reply.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
delkap said:
On a personal note, extremely dissapointed in not making the XI, despite an average of 17.5 (SR: 54) Well hope to impress in the nets, and get back in the team :)
Forgot to post it Delkap, but you were injured, out for 1 game. Fear not, you have not been sacked.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Awsome performance by David Kennett with his 5fer and 3fer, I knew he would do well, after missing out on every game so far this season he really made a bang here, Good competition between him, and the man he replaced, Mr P. That competition can only benefit the team.
And as threatened, means Mr P will not be returning for the next game as his replacement performed superbly.