• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Loony BoB

International Captain
Didn't get a show in this match, but I'm hugely happy that we've beaten the much touted CW Black team. :D Let's keep it up, gotta win a 5D before we can really get rolling!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Schedule:

5D:
CW Green v CW Black at the SCG
CW Red v Australia A at the WACA

The 12-man squads for tomorrow's games:

Cricket Web Red
Marc71178 (C), Samuel Vimes (wk), Ian Markus, Zaid Ghansar, Dave, Mr Wright, A Massive Zebra, Andre, David Kennett, Gibbs N Smith, Nibblet, Imran Khan Jr.

Mr Ponting sacked by skipper, Amit Mookerjee, Deeps and Bugssy dropped. David Kennett replaces Mr P, Gibbs N Smith returns from injury, Imran Khan Jr. recalled and Andre in for the first time this season.

Cricket Web Green
Age Master (C), Lord of Darkness (vc), Eyes Only (wk), Cloete, Xavier Rose, Blewy, Waughney, Biased Indian, Delkap, Nathan Hoy, Rob Timewell, Loony Bob.

Waughney back into 5D squad for David Jr.

Cricket Web Black
Neil Pickup (C), Master Blaster (vc), Ash Chaulk (wk), Superkingdave, Dark Hunter, C Buts, Eclipse, Rich_2001, Chris Broadbent, Jagaways, Ferd, Vishnu Reddy.

Unchanged 5D squad.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great stuff Reds. Finally some success, let's now take that confidence into our 5 day game against Australia 'A'.

Let's get our season started!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well done Reds - glad to have some bowlers who cared, and am happy with my contribution.

Considering my other 2 overs went for only 6, can cope with that big one!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
GO REDS! Let's continue this form into first-class cricket...it'll be important to restart from slogging mode.

Big hand to the batsmen, and to Mr Wright - 5 overs for 18 is no mean feat!

Loony BoB

International Captain
I don't think the Blues were scheduled to play. Check the zip file, I think it's on the second page.

PY

International Coach
OK cheers mate, I had to delete WinZip and WinRAR from my computer because it is being sent back for repair so can't access any of my zip files. Sorry all. :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Looks like you've got a few days off in the coming week, so here's a look for you (and anyone else who's curious) without any zips.

Attachments

PY

International Coach
Thanks very much.

Probably isn't the best that one of the captains doesn't have access to the fixture list but now I do.

Loony BoB

International Captain
On a sidenote, unless I've missed a game while looking through recent scores, Blewy has passed 50 in every 25Smash game he's played so far, with 89 (58), 69 (51) and 53 (39). I'm pretty sure he's been not out every time. I'll have to check.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm, two hundred catches for me every night this week. Teaches me to be honest with my fielding rating!

Not desperately impressed with falling short with plenty of wickets in hand and deep batting - can't understand why the rate wasn't picked up, we bat down to 10 in the 25Smash for a reason.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Nice start, Blewy.

25Smash stats for CW Green (I'm really bored right now).

Average score for a CW Green member is now 43.27 and average strike rate for a CW Green member is 105.08%. Blewy has contributed 211 (148) of our 476 runs (453) without getting out at all, and his strike rate is at 142.57%. We've so far hit 11 sixes and 53 fours - 7 and 26 of those are Blewy's. Blewy has three of the four 50's we have after our first three matches, the other belonging to Lord of Darkness, who his 74 against CW Red. The highest score of 89* was hit by Blewy against the same opposition. In fact, the two of them hit 109 runs off 78 balls for the second wicket, the highest CW Green (possibly the highest overall?) partnership in 25Smash cricket to date.

Might do something for bowling later on, and if I get really bored I might do something on the OD's and 5D's as well. :p

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Sudeep said:
Hello all, especially my future team-mates at Blue.

It's a pleasure and privilege to be a part of the Blue squad, where I hope to be accepted with the same willingness that I've heard is a trademark of the side.

While I'm looking forward to contributing mostly with the bat, it's my bowling that I'd like to concentrate on during my early days. I'm a technically sound batsman, I've tried not to create a fuss about my abilities before showing them off on the field but display what I'm made of first in the nets, accustomed to batting in the upper middle order. It's going to be difficult to break through in the final XI at least for the first few weeks, as Broncoman has regained some of his lost form, and transformed it to his OD game, an aspect of the game he'd seemingly struggled with earlier in his career. We've an extremely tough middle-order already, but I know deep down that I can bring a different flavor of flamboyant style accompanied with technique to the majestic line-up.

I've really worked on my fielding prior to signing up. I'm hoping to be a regular covers fielder, especially with my new found obssession of throwing myself around the field to stop anything moving.

While I'm slated as a leg-spin bowler, I'm quite comfortable bowling medium-pace as well, as I can maintain a good line and length while doing so. However, with no dearth of all-rounders in the squad I know I'll have to be something special in the nets to get the ball during the matches. However, my preference to medium pace doesn't mean I'm reluctant of bowling leg spin regularly. With one of my favorite spin bowlers of all time in Tom Halsey to help me, I sure do look forward to bowling that more often. The only problem with my spin bowling has been length, and I'm sure Halsey will pass on some valuable knowledge to me regarding how to improve on this wonderful art.

I look forward to practising with the Blue players to start with, and then hopefully be a regular in the side, and do my best to take us to #1 this season.

That's enough for my introduction, but before I sign off, I'd like to say one more thing. One of my aims is to shatter Neil Pickup's leg spin, so I hope I prove myself by the time we take on the Blacks, so as to gain a spot in the side then.

Sudeep.
Welcome to the party, Sudeep. :)

Cloete

International Captain
LOL! Green are unbeatable in the 25smash! Keep it up fellas, hopefully Blewy can transfer his form into the 5D!

Loony BoB

International Captain
A brilliant all round effort, spearheaded by Rob, Nathan and Xavier.

25Smash stats for CW Green (bowling).

While only 8 CW Green batsmen have had a chance to show their stuff at 25Smash cricket, 10 of us have had the chance to bowl. Three bowlers have really stood out so far - Nathan Hoy, Rob Timewell and Xavier Rose. Xavier Rose is the only bowler to have had the opportunity to bowl the full five overs every match so far, and he's doen it with an average of 24 and an eco rate of 6.40 - that's a wicket every 23 balls. Nathan Hoy has been taking a wicket every 18 balls, which means although he's the most expensive of the main three, it doesn't really matter too much with an outstanding average of 20.33. Neither of them compare with Rob Timewell's average, though - an astonishing 13.5 runs for his four wickets. Just to top it all off, his economy rate is an incredibly low 3.86. Delkap and Waughney have also avoided the Smash of 25Smash, having eco rates of 4.36 and 4.60 respectively. Delkap also has two wickets at an average of 30.5. No bowler has taken more than two wickets in a match to date, with the best figures going to Rob with 2-13 against the media-praised CW Black. The only other wicket taker is Lord o' Darkness with the wicket of Shane Watson of Australia 'A'.

EDIT: Notably, Lord o' Darkness also averages 37 with the bat for his first three innings, Nathan Hoy averaging 23 after two innings. Rob, Delkap, Waughney and Xavier have not yet battetd.

Last edited: