• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
PY said:
:laugh:

The fact you are a captain has me in fits of laughter.
I can't wait for the Black'N'Blue face-off.

Someone's going to have a serious comedown from their pedestal of conceit.

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
whats happening to the reds cap?? no one performs together we all are capable and perform in separate matches, something has to be done to get the performances together. LETS JUST GETS OUR HEADS TOGETHER

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
what a win!! simon u crazy kid... niiice. great team effort there blues, excellent bowling and amazing batting.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations Simon on that great hundred, especially fine effort considering I had you jumping around the crease early. :p

Very happy to turn out another consistent performance, however, cricket is a team game, and the Reds aren't playing like a team atm.

We need to hurry up and get this season started!

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Good thing that I (as a bowler) don't care that much about 25 over matches. Stats don't say much for us bowlers unfortunately...:(

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Ahhh damn shocked at my batting , damn the leg i always gotta remember to get it out of the way..

hey captain age i kindly asked if it was okay if i could perhaps bat at 3/4 mate , i think cloete will be only too pleased to open..?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lord_of_darkness said:
hey captain age i kindly asked if it was okay if i could perhaps bat at 3/4 mate , i think cloete will be only too pleased to open..?
the selectors said that you will continue to open the batting for a while.

haha what a pperformance from blewy, held the innings together (and now holds the 4th wicket partnership record for 25smash with me - unfortunatley my contribution was poor to say the least)

good efforts from all the bowlers to keep Australia A down under our slightly low score.

still need to work on our batting, only 1 player making it over 25 isn't good enough.

hopefully my own form will improve soon too - lots of net sessions for me before the next game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr. P said:
Good thing that I (as a bowler) don't care that much about 25 over matches. Stats don't say much for us bowlers unfortunately...:(
Mr P is banned from the next 3 Red games for that attitude.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Mr P is banned from the next 3 Red games for that attitude.
Very funny marc. :dry:

Actually I was implying that I don't care AS MUCH about them as FC or OD - of course I care something...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Good thing that I (as a bowler) don't care that much about 25 over matches. Stats don't say much for us bowlers unfortunately...
hmm not really a good example for the other younger player now guy..

and since your cap stated such a thing the board might have to look into it !.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr. P said:
Very funny marc. :dry:

Not a joke - you will not feature in the next OD or 5D game for those comments - consider yourself lucky it's not more.

You may be one of our more established players, but that doesn't prevent me using my powers to stamp down on you, indeed you should be setting more of an example for the rest of the team.

Something for you to think about when you're not playing.

And don't think you'll be guaranteed to walk straight back into the side either - if others perform then you'll have to wait your turn.

Sudeep

International Captain
Hello all, especially my future team-mates at Blue.

It's a pleasure and privilege to be a part of the Blue squad, where I hope to be accepted with the same willingness that I've heard is a trademark of the side.

While I'm looking forward to contributing mostly with the bat, it's my bowling that I'd like to concentrate on during my early days. I'm a technically sound batsman, I've tried not to create a fuss about my abilities before showing them off on the field but display what I'm made of first in the nets, accustomed to batting in the upper middle order. It's going to be difficult to break through in the final XI at least for the first few weeks, as Broncoman has regained some of his lost form, and transformed it to his OD game, an aspect of the game he'd seemingly struggled with earlier in his career. We've an extremely tough middle-order already, but I know deep down that I can bring a different flavor of flamboyant style accompanied with technique to the majestic line-up.

I've really worked on my fielding prior to signing up. I'm hoping to be a regular covers fielder, especially with my new found obssession of throwing myself around the field to stop anything moving.

While I'm slated as a leg-spin bowler, I'm quite comfortable bowling medium-pace as well, as I can maintain a good line and length while doing so. However, with no dearth of all-rounders in the squad I know I'll have to be something special in the nets to get the ball during the matches. However, my preference to medium pace doesn't mean I'm reluctant of bowling leg spin regularly. With one of my favorite spin bowlers of all time in Tom Halsey to help me, I sure do look forward to bowling that more often. The only problem with my spin bowling has been length, and I'm sure Halsey will pass on some valuable knowledge to me regarding how to improve on this wonderful art.

I look forward to practising with the Blue players to start with, and then hopefully be a regular in the side, and do my best to take us to #1 this season.

That's enough for my introduction, but before I sign off, I'd like to say one more thing. One of my aims is to shatter Neil Pickup's leg spin, so I hope I prove myself by the time we take on the Blacks, so as to gain a spot in the side then.

Sudeep.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Welcome to the Blues Sudeep. :) Look forward to playing alongside you sometime in the future, even if our batsmen are in superb form at the moment. :p

PY

International Coach
As the captain of the Blues, I would like to welcome you to the squad and wish you all the best in the coming season.

Please be patient with maybe not getting selected straight away because as Adam says, our batsman are doing pretty well at the moment but fearnot, you will get your chance to shine.

Plus anyone who wants to smash Pickup gains my respect instantly (but then you probably knew that already :D).

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I apologise to marc and the rest of the Reds for my part(especially my bowling figures) in that debacle. I hope we can get it together and win some matches soon.
GO RED

biased indian

International Coach
didn't play the last game but good performance guys.keep the good work
but our form in 5D is not that good need to win the next game

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunday 22nd August

25Smash
Sponsored by the Cricket Web Bar.

Cricket Web Black v Cricket Web Green at the CW Oval

How OUT:
Lord of Darkness - thin edge whilst cutting, caught behind
Adil Dewan - frustrated swipe and miss, bowled
Cloete - attempted to run a legbye, run out
Blewy - not out
Age Master - caught brilliantly at deep extra cover
Nathan Hoy - not out

Game events:
CW Green
* Vishnu Reddy bowled his first 4 overs for 4 runs
* Pickup dropped a return catch of Cloete (20) - 45/1
* After 10 - 47/1
* CW Green 50 (69 balls) - 50/2
* Eclipse dropped Blewy (13) off Dark Hunter - 72/3
* After 15 - 75/3
* CW Green 100 (107 balls) - 102/3
* After 20 - 115/4
* Blewy 50 off 33 balls; 5 fours, 2 sixes

How OUT:
Eclipse - poached by an outswinger, caught behind
Ash Chaulk - inside edged drive onto pad then stumps
Rich_2001 - played around a slower ball, LBW
Jagaways - not out
C Buts - improvised paddle, top-edged, caught behind
Ferd - not out

CW Black
* After 10 - 46/0
* CW Black 50 (61 balls) - 50/0
* After 15 - 69/1
* CW Black 100 (108 balls) - 103/2
* Ash Chaulk 50 off 52 balls; 5 fours, 2 sixes
* After 20 - 120/2

CRICKET WEB GREEN 151/4 25.0 overs
CW BLACK 145/4 25.0 overs

Cricket Web Green won by 6 runs

Man of the match: Blewy

---

Cricket Web Red v Australia A at PDV Dome

How OUT:
Ian Markus - not out
Bugssy - scooped to cover, caught
Marc71178 - direct hit from fielder at square leg, run out
Zaid Ghansar - not out

Game events:
* Aus A scored 20 runs off 18th over (Marc71178) - 4,6,4,2,0,4
* Bugssy dropped a return catch of Maher (78) - 125/2
* Zebra dropped Symonds (12) next ball off Bugssy - 126/2

CW Red
* CW Red 50 (46 balls) - 50/0
* After 10 - 64/1
* After 15 - 94/1
* CW Red 100 (96 balls) - 100/1
* AFter 20 - 122/1
* Ian Markus 50 off 59 balls; 5 fours
* CW Red scored 15 runs off 22nd over (Bichel) - 1,1,1,4,6,4
* Marc71178 50 off 42 balls; 5 fours, 2 sixes
Reduced target from 27 off 18 to 11 off 12

AUSTRALIA 'A' 166/3 25.0 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 168/2 24.4 overs

Cricket Web Red won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Ian Markus

Great win for the Reds in a classic match!

Attachments

Last edited: