• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
02/06/04

India A 174 & 320
New Zealand 'A' 395 & 102/3

New Zealand 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: TK Canning
---
Australia 'A' 235 & 245
Cricket Web Green 290 & 193/2

Cricket Web Green won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Master Blaster

Coach's Comments:
Not the happiest return for Xavier Rose, but Master Blaster had a great match among others. No one in the batting really got on top in the first innings, but Toogood and Smith did it well in the second. Bowling-wise, the spinners were pretty disappointing in general, although they took some key first innings wickets. Big win at this stage in the season.
---
Veterans XI 439 & 296/7d
England 'A' 362 & 14/0

England 'A' draw with Veterans XI

Man of the match: DG Cork
---
Cricket Web Blue 414 & 261/6d
South Africa 'A' 221 & 229

Cricket Web Blue won by 225 runs

Man of the match: Peter Young

Coach's Comments:
Safe to say that Peter Young is ready for Pakistan. A couple of great hundreds in this one did the trick. The first innings century was hard-fought and classy, the second innings century was just breezy and classy. Both wonderful knocks though. Credit also to Buts for a fine innings in the first. Of the bowlers, Nath Patrick was superb in the second innings, but it was Halsey who stole the show in the first - taking 5/11 until a Nel fifty (!) pegged back his figures somewhat. With the gloves Jellett was solid whilst not spectacular, dropping one catch.
---
Zimbabwe XI 353 & 318
Cricket Web Red 407 & 244/5

Cricket Web Red draw with Zimbabwe XI

Man of the match: A Flower

Coach's Comments:
Disappointing not to get a win out of this one. Zimbabwe was outplayed totally and yet still hung on for the draw. It's not as though the batsmen didn't try though, with 3 getting SRs of 60+ in the second knock, but it just wasn't enough against Streak and co. In the bowling department Neil was pretty ordinary on an admittedly spin unfriendly pitch. Dave, Daniel Muhaffy, Zaid Ghansar and Marc (!) all exploited the conditions well, with Mr Wright getting a couple of key second innings wickets.

Attachments

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
tough luck boys. that's 2 draws against this mob!!! not to worry we're still mathmatically in it.... I think

PY

International Coach
Finally after a long wait, I get some runs and convert a first-class 50 into a 100. Delighted.

Well done to the bowlers though. What an effort to bowl South Africa out for under 500 in the match. As much as it pains me to say it, big up to Tom for his performance and also Nath too. :)

cbuts

International Debutant
man, my average is just below, 50, 1600ishruns scroed, and yet ive only got 1 50, out of like 13 50's. terriable!!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As Captain I can only blame Ian for us not reaching the target! ;)

When he came in we were needing 74 from just over 17 overs - and with his ODI skills we should've got there.

Mind you I could've batted more like I did in the first innings...

So actually I think we should blame Neil.

PY

International Coach
Not looking at the scorecard you didn't.....300+ in both innings for Zimbabwe. :p

Slats4ever

marc71178 said:
As Captain I can only blame Ian for us not reaching the target! ;)

When he came in we were needing 74 from just over 17 overs - and with his ODI skills we should've got there.

Mind you I could've batted more like I did in the first innings...

So actually I think we should blame Neil.
Yes I second that motion and am now putting in a motion to never have to room with him on a Reds tour ever again because his lack of urgency in these situations may rub off on me

Mr Mxyzptlk

Standings

Well the Blues are all set in the ODs, but have been out of it for a couple of games now in the 5D. The Reds and Greens are interestingly poised though.

Attachments

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha its bout bloody time but ive finally got my first 5d 5-for! very happy with that, halsey man you are suuuuperb. cmon blues lets stay on top for the od minor premiership and regain some pride in the 5ders. i didnt think we had done that bad in the 5ders personally, ah well, the table tells all. lets go bluuuuuuues!!!!

Slats4ever

ahhh crap this is starting to get really tense. These last two games of the year guys are going to be sooo important. I'd cry if we didn't get ot both Semi's. how can we let the zimbabs in ahead

Mr Mxyzptlk

Teams for OD games

CW Red vs Zimbabwe XI
Craig
Jagaways
Marc71178 (C)
Deeps
Ian Markus
Zaid Ghansar
Daniel Muhaffy
Imran Khan Jr.