• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Master Blaster will miss 5 games with a severe hip injury.

ohh damn...

Masterblaster is a pillar in our team aand key to the success we have had, and will be badly missed

hopefully we can convert our consistancy (as in overall we are the highest ramked team i think) into some titles :)

EDIT: i would like to request that we play an extra batsman in the next OD game and i will have abit of a bowl (bat down the order as well) :)

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
DJellett said:
IN NORWAY! Down Under, we keep with balls!
PS Sam, how did you get into cricket in NORWAY?
Oi, I've got training! It's much harder to keep when the ball's regularly covered with snow, like up here ;)

PS. Long story...to make it short, I was fascinated by the idea of a sport taking five days. Checked out cricinfo for an explanation, and gradually got into the game.

PPS. If you keep with balls, how do you hold on the ball? Between your legs?

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Come on REDS time to show our strength for the last few games lets do it guysssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
age_master said:
EDIT: i would like to request that we play an extra batsman in the next OD game and i will have abit of a bowl (bat down the order as well) :)
I'll consider the bowling for the next 5D game, but I'd really like that you bat where you normally bat.

Mr Mxyzptlk

03/06/04

ZIMBABWE XI 230/9 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 231/4 43.3 overs

Cricket Web Red won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Marc71178

Coach's Comments:
Finally Marc returns to form! His first significan OD contribution for the Reds this season is a superb game-winning effort. Backing some fine bowling from the steady Imran Khan Jr., Marc and Craig blasted the Zimbabwean bowling about to rack up a big partnership and allow Ian Markus and Zaid Ghansar to add to their not out totals. Crucial win that secures a top four spot.
---
AUSTRALIA 'A' 176 34.5 overs
CRICKET WEB GREEN 177/4 36.3 overs

Cricket Web Green won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: A Massive Zebra

Coach's Comments:
He just gets better and better. A Massive Zebra continued in his fine OD form with another top class effort to stem the Australian challenge and inspire collapse. Chasing the mediocre total was never a problem and Jason Toogood used the opportunity to nicely pad his OD stats.
---
SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 172 40.4 overs
CRICKET WEB BLUE 173/6 35.5 overs

Cricket Web Blue won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Patrick Fisher

Coach's Comments:
Great fast bowling from David Jr. set back SA A early, but it was Patrick Fisher and the spinners who tightened the screws and allowed Nath Patrick to return and knock over the tail, leaving a very gettable total to be chased by the Blues. Fisher then played a fine attacking knock of 43 to secure the MoM. Impressive too was Dylan Jellett in working the ball about in an unbeaeten knock.
---
INDIA A 297/3 50.0 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 197/8 50.0 overs

India A won by 100 runs

Man of the match: Hemang Badani
---
VETERANS XI 269/5 50.0 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 259/5 50.0 overs

Veterans XI won by 10 runs

Man of the match: Robin Smith

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Close race for number one.
OK, it's the crunch match...Jellett and Halsey will be looking to prove themselves against England "A" before the plane leaves for Pakistan, the rest need to pick their game up (especially me...a fantastic knock of 1 today) and we'll be lifting that trophy high up in the air! GO THE BLUES!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the Green machine, another great win :)

lets keep it up though boys, dont wanna slacken off at all at this stage of the season :) lets finish it off and claim these titles :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
aha the blues...
HALSEY MAN - WELL DONE!! im sure youll do us proud man, just remember where it aaaallllll started.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Nnanden said:
haha its bout bloody time but ive finally got my first 5d 5-for! very happy with that
Lol yeh well done mate, didn't check the scorecard until now, because I knewwe won, and Pete said I did well.

Well done mate on your first 5-fer, and may there be many more.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I've gotta step up my performances in these last two games to try to force my way in to the first 12 for that 1st Test.Go Greens!!We're in with a shout.Don't falter.

DJellett

International Debutant
Well hank you all for my test call up, I will try my hardest to represent CW Blue and the CWXI when my chance comes

Mr Mxyzptlk

04/06/04

Zimbabwe XI 275 & 430
India A 358 & 65/0

India A draw with Zimbabwe XI

Man of the match: AM Salvi
---
Veterans XI 309 & 248
Australia 'A' 274 & 286/3

Australia 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: ML Love
---
Cricket Web Green 430 & 265
South Africa 'A' 322 & 377/5

South Africa 'A' won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: AM Bacher

Coach's Comments:
Fantastic innings by Ash Chaulk to obliterate the monkey on his back with a maiden hundred. However, he was the only batsman willing to carry on from a start and the onus was left on the bowlers to win the game. In this, the final game of the season, the seamers showed the signs of fatigue from a long and hard stretch of cricket. None of the seamers found any rhythm and they all distinctly lacked pace. Indeed, Xavier Rose's form of late is really beginning to be worry all concerned. Mr Mxyzptlk found no joy either, 8-0-68-0 in the second innings. A disappointing loss, but a bit understandable.
---
New Zealand 'A' 249 & 431
Cricket Web Red 371 & 136/1

Cricket Web Red draw with New Zealand 'A'

Man of the match: Marc71178

Coach's Comments:
It's been a hard and long toil for Marc in red this season, but he seems to have finally found his feet with the bat. Some much needed FC form ahead of Pakistan, Marc was brutal on his way to his 3rd FC hundred, his second highest FC score. Together with Bugssy and useful contributions from the lower order, a challenging lead was set up, following fine bowling from Muhaffy, Neil Pickup and co. In the second innings the Reds let it slip, however, allowing the Kiwis to advance to 431 all out from 237/5. That said, the bowlers bowled their hearts out, just like the Greens. It just wasn't enough. Eyes Only and Cloete guided the game to a comfortable draw.
---
Cricket Web Blue 235 & 471
England 'A' 357 & 351/6

England 'A' won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: DG Cork

Coach's Comments:
Peter Young continues to bathe himself in form with a couple of lovely innings for the Blues in this one. A first innings collapse left his team struggling to play catch-up however. 170/4 to 235 all out was not a pretty scene, Samuel Vimes high and dry with a purposeful innings. The bowlers pressed, but found no response on the flat surface at the SCG. Langeveldt and Tom Halsey were useful, but it was Nath Patrick who kept the Blues in it. In the second innings, StUEy, Buts and Young did nicely in the middle order, but crucial knocks from Sam Vimes and Langeveldt wer ethe real measure of the fightback. Langeveldt was breathtaking in scoring his second FC hundred and first of the season, to cap an impressive captains effort overall. Attempting to defend 350, it looked good for a while, but the Englishmen took the attack to the spinners and unsettled them, only Nath Patrick making a real impact in a heartbreaking defeat.

Attachments

Last edited: