• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

PY

International Coach
Slats4ever said:
Averaging better than Bradman now, 99.6...
Bradman averaged 99.94 so you're not quite as good as the great man at the moment. ;)

ash chaulk

International Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
The leading wicket taker requesting not to play? That in my opinion isnt the team thing to do after a couple of rough games - even those games wernt that rogh, pretty average compared to the rest of us pacers.

Yes an excuse can be made saying he was letting other bowlers prove themselfs, but the pace bowling attack would be 2x stronger if X. Rose was in the lineup.

Then for him to say he 'would' have more wickets then halsey if he played is strange. The fact is, he doesnt, it was his choice to stand down, so dont make assumptions like that.

My 2c and im entitled to it :P
hey if hes taking time off to improve himself then it is helping plus with the depth us greens have we are gunna be unstoppable come finals

David

International 12th Man
Glad to see I've hit some bowling form, hopefully it will continue for the blues :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I wasn't contributing anything at all to the greens effort in those matches..We still won without me plus you've got to look at the rest of the bowlers we have.About four of them have over 30 wickets to their names.As Ash said we've got some bowling depth that allows us to always give ourselves a chance to win a match if some guys fail.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CRICKET WEB BLUE 231/5 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 235/4 47.0 overs

Cricket Web Red won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Craig

Coach's Comments:
Quality seam from Imran Khan Jr. was met with solid batting from the Blues, but no one really got into gear except for Dylan Jellett. A typically class 90 from Craig and a level-headed 62 from Deeps then brought it home in crucial fashion for the Reds. Credit also to Ian Markus who has now numbed us with his fantastic OD performances.[/B]
---
ENGLAND 'A' 160 41.4 overs
CRICKET WEB GREEN 161/5 32.3 overs

Cricket Web Green won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Jason Toogood

Coach's Comments:
Rose returned with a BANG, getting 2 wickets in his first over and 3 in his first two. Then he fell away somewhat, but Sanz and Toogood picked up the slack to impressively knock over the Englishmen. Chasing the moderate total, early wickets tumbled, then Toogood and Age Master combined to calm the nerves and set up Mr Mxyzptlk to hit the winning run.
---
ZIMBABWE XI 270/6 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 274/3 46.4 overs

Australia 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: David Hussey
---
INDIA A 240/9 50.0 overs
SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 241/5 48.4 overs

South Africa 'A' won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Lance Klusener
---
VETERANS XI 330/6 50.0 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 207/9 50.0 overs

Veterans XI won by 123 runs

Man of the match: Desmond Haynes

Attachments

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Great win for the greens!!Almost 17 overs left in our innings.Great start from me but faltered.Still glad with my return.Hope i can improve for the upcoming matches and help more than i did today.Although I put them on the backfoot from the start.

DJellett

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Jellett and Markus putting their ODI claim very strongly..
Why thank you Neil! And only 2 weeks ago I considered myself never to play a OD again! When is the next ODI tourny I could be up for?

Mr Mxyzptlk

DJellett said:
Why thank you Neil! And only 2 weeks ago I considered myself never to play a OD again! When is the next ODI tourny I could be up for?
In a couple of weeks, but don't get your hopes too high yet.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Big win there boys... we're beginning to show this place we can play.... ahh the OD batting for our team is going sooo well.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Second to last 5D game of the season...

CW Red v Zimbabwe XI
Craig
Eyes Only +
Cloete
Bugssy
Ian Markus
Marc71178 (C)
Zaid Ghansar
Daniel Muhaffy
Dave
Mr Wright
Neil Pickup

12th Man: Pratyush

CW Blue v South Africa 'A'
StUEy
Patrick Fisher
Jamee999
C Buts
Peter Young
Dylan Jellett
Samuel Vimes +
Langeveldt (C)
Tom Halsey
Nath Patrick
David Kennett

12th Man: Bhooth Nath

CW Green v England A
Gibbs N Smith
Eclipse
Ash Chaulk
Jason Toogood
Age Master (C)
Adil Dewan +
Xavier Rose
Master Blaster
Sanz
A Massive Zebra
Amir Ahmed

12th Man: Umpire Money

Andre

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Second to last 5D game of the season...

CW Blue v South Africa 'A'
StUEy
Patrick Fisher
Jamee999
C Buts
Peter Young
Dylan Jellett
Samuel Vimes +
Langeveldt (C)
Tom Halsey
Nath Patrick
David Kennett

12th Man: Bhooth Nath
Just a reminder to the simmer that Jellett will don the gloves this match as discussed.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
cmon blues, we are on top of the od table, now we need to make a claim in the 5dayers!! we`ve had a pretty decent season... we just need to finish it strongly. ill do my best to put in a solid bowling performance opening with kennett. lets go davo!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
ENGLAND 'A' 160 41.4 overs
CRICKET WEB GREEN 161/5 32.3 overs

Cricket Web Green won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Jason Toogood

Coach's Comments:
Rose returned with a BANG, getting 2 wickets in his first over and 3 in his first two. Then he fell away somewhat, but Sanz and Toogood picked up the slack to impressively knock over the Englishmen. Chasing the moderate total, early wickets tumbled, then Toogood and Age Master combined to calm the nerves and set up Mr Mxyzptlk to hit the winning run.
another solid win :) solid comeback from Rose, more great bowling from Sanz. Great batting from Toogood too :) another step towards the title :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Andre said:
Just a reminder to the simmer that Jellett will don the gloves this match as discussed.
Yes. That adjustment was already made in the sim file, but in a blatant copy/paste move, I forgot to change it in the press release.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
CW Red v Zimbabwe XI
Craig
Eyes Only +
Bugssy
Blewy
Ian Markus
Marc71178 (C)
Zaid Ghansar
Daniel Muhaffy
Dave
Mr Wright
Neil Pickup
EDIT: Blewy for Cloete and Blewy and Bugs flip/flopped.