• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apologies for the late results. I was at school all day on Friday and then was busy preparing a project in the afternoon and went to a party from 7pm to about 3am, then came home and slep until about 20 minutes ago. Trying to get myself organzied at the moment and will then sim the games.

Mr Mxyzptlk

28/05/04

SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 224/7 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 207 49.2 overs

South Africa 'A' won by 17 runs

Man of the match: Andre Nel

Coach's Comments:
Great bowling by Dave, but the batsmen couldn't get it done under lights and in front of their home crowd. Disappointing, but not disastrous. Good batting by Ghansar yet again though. He's really turning into something special.
---
CRICKET WEB BLUE 214 42.4 overs
INDIA A 216/5 39.3 overs

India A won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Wasim Jaffer

Coach's Comments:
A tale of two collapses. An early collapse was followed by a tremendous partnership between Fisher and Jellett, then another collapse saw a moderate total put on the board. Aside from Halsey, the bowlers never really found any footing, and this game was over in a flash.
---
CRICKET WEB GREEN 198 48.0 overs
VETERANS XI 199/6 43.2 overs

Veterans XI won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Wasim Akram

Coach's Comments:
Ash Chaulk is fast becoming known in this league and doing something most CW wicketkeepers could only dream of, making a name with the bat in OD. Another fine innings of character was the backbone of a floundering effort by the Greens, as Wasim ripped away. The bowling was pretty bad too. Xavier Rose continues to worry me, as he struggled to find his stride to the bowling crease today. He was not alone though, as only Timewell and Zebra found any real control. Timewell in particular was top notch.
---
ZIMBABWE XI 254 49.0 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 255/5 46.2 overs

England 'A' won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Jamie Troughton
---
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 158/9 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 159/3 29.3 overs

Australia 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Michael Clarke

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

29/05/04

Cricket Web Blue 451/8d & 341/4d
Australia 'A' 405 & 221/7

Cricket Web Blue draw with Australia 'A'

Man of the match: Patrick Fisher

Coach's Comments:
I couldn't ask for any more out of these guys in this match. Great batting by Fisher (maiden FC hundred) and Jamee (highest FC score) set up a huge first innings on a flat track. David Kennett then bowled his heart out and was rewarded well as Aus 'A' collapsed on first innings. In the second innings, StUEy and Fisher got going with another big opening partnership. Buts and PY then contributed nicely for a safe declaration. Australia 'A' were never cruising to a draw as one would have thought, especially when Kennett ripped through the top and middle order for his first 5w haul this season and the 3rd for him in FC cricket. A draw in the end, but to force Aus 'A' so close on that sort of a pitch was extremely impressive.
---
Veterans XI 354 & 245
Cricket Web Red 395 & 205/3

Cricket Web Red won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Neil Pickup

Coach's Comments:
Clearly Neil Pickup is a star! In light of the recent criticism levelled at him, Pickup entered this game with all sorts of pressure on his shoulders. Like the champ he is, the fourth change bowler spun a web around the Veteran batsmen and snared 6 in the first. The Reds' reply was catalyzed by an extremely classy and impressive century by Bugssy, helped along by Muhaffy and Ghansar with solidity. Bowling again, the Reds needed a spark again. Surprise, surprise, it came from Pickup. 5 more wickets to go to a match haul of 11. Chasing 205 for victory, the runs came with ease as Cloete found his stroke following a couple of early wickets. Bugssy also continued his form and an easy victory proved the result. Great win against a strong team.
---
India A 239 & 298
Cricket Web Green 518 & 20/2

Cricket Web Green won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Master Blaster

Coach's Comments:
What a win! The best team in the Dev League and a huge win for the Greens. Master Blaster was in veteran form in bowling solidly and getting results for his team. Xavier Rose struggled again though. All that said, the real story of the game was Age Master. Surely he has 'arrived' now. Another huge hundred to inspire the ranks for big runs. Toogood, Smith, Money and Blaster did it nicely in support. Rose and Blaster combined to knock back the Indians again and the Greens won comfortably in the end.
---
South Africa 'A' 388 & 303/4d
England 'A' 324 & 199/6

South Africa 'A' draw with England 'A'

Man of the match: M van Jaarsveld
---
Zimbabwe XI 207 & 179
New Zealand 'A' 311 & 78/2

New Zealand 'A' won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: RJ Nicol

Attachments

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I've decided to make myself unavailable for selection for the next 5D and OD matches for the Greens.I'm in a poor run of form now and i think it's best for the team if i don't play to try to regain some amount of control so that when and if i come back i'll be better than before.

PY

International Coach
Very happy that I managed to regain some form in 5D games.

What an awesome effort by the bowlers to get 7 wickets down, very very close to a famous victory. :cool2:

Well done Blues :thumbsup:

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
I have a better record in 5D games? yet I havent been selected for 2 of them, Imran Khan Junior is requesting an explanation, although he will accept any reason if its good enough.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
well done team reds, great performance with a few individual performances that where very nice to see, neils wickets where sensational when the media was against him and cloete tonne in the 2nd innings was superb.

well done guys

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
what a game Greens :):):) what a comeback from that unfortunate loss to the Vets. but beating India in a 5 dayer is fantastic :) great bowling from Masterblaster to blunt the Indian batting and great batting by everyone... Fantastic game all round :) hopefully the start of even more 5d wins :)

i would prefer Rose to stick it out and play the next games but if he wants to try and regain form in the nets thats his choice, anything i can do to help i will :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
blues blues blues... well what can i say?? our batting is average which a great tail... but our bowling!! halsey always gets the wickets but no-one else can do buggerall. ive got the best average of the paceman with around 30.5!! we need to look at our pace bowling stocks and figure something out. in the one-dayers we are doing fine but still with an odd collapse and occassional poor bowling. need to pick our game up boys...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yeh even though i had the 2nd best bowling average in 5ds for the blues i got dropped at his expense i think, but its that kind of thing we need to find a good bowling option. ill happily step down if we can find 3,4 consistant performers better than me :p :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yousuf_Youhana said:
I have a better record in 5D games? yet I havent been selected for 2 of them, Imran Khan Junior is requesting an explanation, although he will accept any reason if its good enough.
You're batting 21.1 in 5D and bowling 35.32.

In OD games you're batting 12.00 in a third of the innings and bowling 27.46.

Enough said I believe.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yea dark hunters stats arent amazing jells...
still we can afford to try some new things

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
DJellett said:
Darky is good...but HE was dropped
Your Honor, I would like to fire him as my lawyer! I can defend my self thank you.
A bowling av of 38, damn.
what was my batting average?