• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Another question I'd like to know is why the current Pakistan-Sri Lanka game is scheduled for 5 and a half hours each day?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Another question I'd like to know is why the current Pakistan-Sri Lanka game is scheduled for 5 and a half hours each day?
I think its because of Ramazan fasting in Pakistan.

Not being racist or anything here, but I hope FRAZ is fasting to rid himself of his sins !! :laugh:

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
if its 8 hour day it could be 142 200???

if its 6 hour day it could be 106 200???

because if i am correct they can call of the match 30 minutes early
if captains agrees it to be a draw

biased indian

International Coach
marc71178 said:
u cannot ask a question when another question is pending to be answered
as the rules of the thread clearly states :naughty::naughty::naughty:

bryce

International Regular
biased indian said:
if its 8 hour day it could be 142 200???

if its 6 hour day it could be 106 200???

because if i am correct they can call of the match 30 minutes early
if captains agrees it to be a draw
well he said 8 hour days and didn't make any exceptions

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
I'll go :evil:

If a Test Match goes with out interuption and each day is 8 hours playing time:

If the match is drawn how manySecondswere played?
Depends on the time when
each innings ends. If it ends within less than tesn minutes of the next interval/end of play, you will save time. Same if the innings ends just around the drinks interval :p

Then it depends on the number of innings played . :D

Then it depends on whether the minimum overs for the day are bowled within the scheduled time or not :D

If all innings end in the middle of a session and within , say 15 minutes or more of the next scheduled break and minimum overs are bowled in every day, the answer is :-
{5(days) X 8(hours) X 60(minutes)X60(seconds)} - {(n-1)X10X60} - {5(days)X3(sessions)X5(mins every drinks break)X60}

where n is the number of innings played.

Calculate for yourself :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
An interesting Test match...five days without any dismissals or any interruptions...you'd think sooner or later someone would realise that it was time to declare? ;)
How many players would enter the score book if there were no dismissals, no declarations and no bowling changes ?? :p :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am tired of waiting for some one to crack this question or for Jamee999 to enlighten us on what the catch in this question was!!

Since no one seems to be able to crack it, Jamee 999 can tell us what the answer is, when he next visits the thread !!

Here's my question!!(I hope jamee doesn't mind, because I am worried that this thread is seriously dying or going stagnant !!)

Question -

What single day in Test cricket had the highest attendance ever to date ?
Which Test had the highest attendance over 5 days ?
Which series is recorded as the series with the highest attendance for any series?

Answer to any 2 will be accepted as winner !!

Last edited:

indie2

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Maybe the answer to the previous question is:

no Seconds were played because it was a Test match and both sides would pick their best players?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
indie2 said:
Maybe the answer to the previous question is:

no Seconds were played because it was a Test match and both sides would pick their best players?
You are probably right !! I knew there was a catch in it , and it was more a trick question than any thing serious !!

Anyway, Indie2 nice to see you back :D .

Hope you will visit us often and check the thread as often as possible once you post an answer, so that when your answer is correct, it becomes your turn to ask the next question!! ( You did lead us to the right answer in your last visit to this thread and forum . :D ) (and going by your tendency to crack the difficult ones , you should visit us more often, May be if you can . :p )

Any way Welcome Mate !! :)

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
144000 seconds.
Now Now Now !!
Jamee !! Jamee !! Jamee !!

Mate, Bryce posted this answer yesterday , long before you visited this thread yesterday .
You could've put us all out of this misery, then! :@
Instead you gave an addition to your question !! How come ? :)
I guess the next question is Bryce's and therefore I ask everyone to ignore the question above!!

bryce

International Regular
i'll leave that in your camp jas....
one thing to take into consideration is that your question would be ****in hard to find the answer too!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
i'll leave that in your camp jas....
one thing to take into consideration is that your question would be ****in hard to find the answer too!
OK Chief !

I know its hard . :D

That's why I posted it .

Because you know how only just a few days ago someone said about questions being vague because they wanted to test Superior knowledge !! :blink: :wacko: (for crying out loud)

So I thought maybe we should go for the toughies now !!

So back to my Question then -

What single day in Test cricket had the highest attendance ever to date ?
Which Test had the highest attendance over 5 days ?
Which series is recorded as the series with the highest attendance for any series?

Answer to any 2 will be accepted as winner !!

Last edited: