• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
While I am at it, I might as well quote more from the 'book' :

2. Sometimes sunlight has caused play to be suspended when it dazzles off a glass roof, as happened in the Northamptonshire v Sussex game at Hastings in 1938.

When Surrey met Gloucs at Cheltenham in 1988, the second day ended 6.4 overs early because the players were blinded by the low sun. At Christchurch when England played NZ in 1962-3 play had to be stopped because the batsmen were dazzled by light off the aluminium front of a new stand. Carr windscreens are often a source of trouble, and in the game between Essex and Derbyshire in 1963, play was held up for fifteen minutes while cars, belonging to the players themselves, had to be moved.

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Re 1, I remember the incident. Was it in West Indies ? If yes, was in the Bangladesh matches ?

The book mentions that an earquake held up lpay in the match that biased indian mentioned.

===========

PS : I did an audit of myself. I have partly or completely answered 26 questions. 11 of these were done with the help of external sources, but in 8 of those cases I acknowledged it. So I guess I am fairly honest guy :D

PS 1: I promise to leave this book at home tomorrow.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
While I am at it, I might as well quote more from the 'book' :

2. Sometimes sunlight has caused play to be suspended when it dazzles off a glass roof, as happened in the Northamptonshire v Sussex game at Hastings in 1938.

When Surrey met Gloucs at Cheltenham in 1988, the second day ended 6.4 overs early because the players were blinded by the low sun. At Christchurch when England played NZ in 1962-3 play had to be stopped because the batsmen were dazzled by light off the aluminium front of a new stand. Carr windscreens are often a source of trouble, and in the game between Essex and Derbyshire in 1963, play was held up for fifteen minutes while cars, belonging to the players themselves, had to be moved.
The match in Christshurch between NZland and England is the ciorrect answer to the second question :notworthy

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Re 1, I remember the incident. Was it in West Indies ? If yes, was in the Bangladesh matches ?

Yes it was in the West Indies. That much is correct

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
biased indian said:

how are we supposed to know what is in u r mind dont ask questions with so many answers :-O

u can go to the liink and find out that the match i mentioned was interrupted by earthquake

http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/INTERACTIVE/FACE-TO-FACE/HAZARE-1.html
Dont get so upset man. Relax :)

You have a point. A question could have more than one correct answer and the one asking it may not know it. So we could accept the answer provided even if it was not the one the questioner had in mind.

So as far as I am concerned your answer is also correct. When I said thats the one I had in mind I am just making a factual statement. Thats all. It doesnt make your answer wrong . :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS, what was the answer you were expecting ?

Whose turn is it to ask next question? Biased Indian or Tapioca ? Who ever visits the thread first I guess.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
SJS, what was the answer you were expecting ?

Whose turn is it to ask next question? Biased Indian or Tapioca ? Who ever visits the thread first I guess.
1983. India in West Indies. Just as Mohinder Amarnath was coming into bowl, the ground trembled under his fet. It was not because of Viv Richards at the crease :p

Game was halted for a few minutes I think.

I think any of the two can ask. Who is here ? First come first served :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'll go :evil:

If a Test Match goes with out interuption and each day is 8 hours playing time:

If the match is drawn how manySecondswere played?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
I'll go :evil:

If a Test Match goes with out interuption and each day is 8 hours playing time:

If the match is drawn how manySecondswere played?
Dear Jamee999 , each days play has three sessions of 2 hours, so how come there's 8 hours in a day ? :sneaky2:

If 8 hours in a day then 8 x 5 x 60 x 60 = 144,000 Bryce is right
if as we know it, only 6 hours play in a day then it should be, 6 x 5 x 60 x 60
= 108,000 seconds.

How's that ? :smartass: :eye: :devil2: :schmoll:

Since you've underlined the word seconds, there must be a catch in that I suspect;) , and the question is not as straight forward as we see it, may be. :serenade:

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
maybe he added the lunch and tea breaks, but they only go for half an-hour each don't they ?