• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

bryce

International Regular
haha yeah fair point :dry: anyway must be somewhere in india and i'm guessing they had a cage up so they could count them
i'll take a very un-educated stab at it

this is all from the same test...

What single day in Test cricket had the highest attendance ever to date ? Ummm the day when laxman & dravid put on that 376 partnership.

Which Test had the highest attendance over 5 days ?that same test in kolkata(if thats where it was?)

Which series is recorded as the series with the highest attendance for any series?that series, aus in india(2000-01 was it?)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
haha yeah fair point :dry: anyway must be somewhere in india and i'm guessing they had a cage up so they could count them
i'll take a very un-educated stab at it

this is all from the same test...

What single day in Test cricket had the highest attendance ever to date ? Ummm the day when laxman & dravid put on that 376 partnership.

Which Test had the highest attendance over 5 days ?that same test in kolkata(if thats where it was?)

Which series is recorded as the series with the highest attendance for any series?that series, aus in india(2000-01 was it?)
No You would be wrong . Remember ODI cricket attracts more fans in India than Tests !!

bryce

International Regular
no actually didn't know that, ok another long-shot(just keeping you occupied :happy: )

What single day in Test cricket had the highest attendance ever to date ?Steve Waugh's last day of test cricket.

Which Test had the highest attendance over 5 days ?Steve Waughs last test.

Which series is recorded as the series with the highest attendance for any series? The last series Steve Waugh played in :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
no actually didn't know that, ok another long-shot(just keeping you occupied :happy: )

What single day in Test cricket had the highest attendance ever to date ?Steve Waugh's last day of test cricket.

Which Test had the highest attendance over 5 days ?Steve Waughs last test.

Which series is recorded as the series with the highest attendance for any series? The last series Steve Waugh played in :p
At least you are in the right country for all three !!

Hint - Answer to question 1 is different to the answer to 2 & 3 - which involve the same series.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
What single day in Test cricket had the highest attendance ever to date ?
I think it's the Melbourne Test of the 60/61 Series - Aus vs WI?

Don't know the other 2 though...
I'm thinking maybe it was an Aus vs Eng series - I remember reading something about this, but I can't remember which series it was... perhaps the Bodyline series (32/33)?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
now you've lost me :wacko:
Well mate, the answer to the first is a day in a particular test.

The answer to 2 is a whole different test match (which is different from the one which is answer to 1.)
The answer to 3 is a series which incorporates the Test that is answer to 2.

I hope that helps. :unsure:

Dasa

Dasa said:

I'm thinking maybe it was an Aus vs Eng series - I remember reading something about this, but I can't remember which series it was... perhaps the Bodyline series (32/33)?
Forgot to mention a day for the first one... It was the 4th day I think?

edit: 2nd day

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Dasa said:

Well done Dasa, you've cracked that one mate! I will give it to you.

The full answer is Day 2 of the fifth Test between Australia and West Indies at the MCG on 11th February 1961 - Attendance was 90,800 !!! :-O

If you want you can post next question and we can leave the rest of the question for later or we can await someone to crack the rest of it !!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Samuel_Vimes said:
An interesting Test match...five days without any dismissals or any interruptions...you'd think sooner or later someone would realise that it was time to declare? ;)
Well if you're at one end, there'd not be enough runs on the board to declare!

Dasa

On the Friday (30th June) of the 2000 Lord's test match, Eng vs WI, a unique Test record was established. What was this record?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What is the nickname of the South African Fast Bowler who made a half century on his debut in 2003, then got injured whilst bowling and hasn't represented the country since?