• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Ferd said:
I doubt if the ten day test will ever be equalled
Maybe. But this isnt it.

Okay. Here is another hint. It is the oldest cricket record still standing :D :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Biggest gap between two test appearances ? ( 17 years in the case of Younis Ahmed of Pakistan )
Its a bit of a 'smart Alec' type of question. It just hit me as I was thinking how to put a question which no one will be able to use a search engine to get the answer :p :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
OKAY.

I will rephrase it but that will NOW make it a dead giveaway :dry:

What is the largest number of players to debut in a single test match ??

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Yes :thumbsup:

It is the oldest because it was first ever test.
Cant be broken (unless we allow more than 11 players per side)
Unlikely to be equalled , of course if Kenya gets in to the test arena and there first test is against Zimbabwe and Mugabe decides that only a particular tribe can play , you never know :p :p :p

Your turn DM

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:
Yes :thumbsup:

It is the oldest because it was first ever test.
Cant be broken (unless we allow more than 11 players per side)
Unlikely to be equalled , of course if Kenya gets in to the test arena and there first test is against Zimbabwe and Mugabe decides that only a particular tribe can play , you never know :p :p :p

Your turn DM

Actually the oldest record would be most number of players debuting in an international game ....22 Canada vs USA . :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Actually the oldest record would be most number of players debuting in an international game ....22 Canada vs USA . :p
You got me there. I should have said oldest test record. I am sure you can find other 'cricket, reciods that are older than 1877 :D

bryce

International Regular
hey, i'm not angry or anything infact it doesn't bother me at all but i don't think the thread was created in order for anyone to fire questions out whenever they come up with one they want to ask, the idea(the way i see it) is that the right to ask a question is earnt and considered as some sort of a reward...

Deja moo

International Captain
bryce said:
hey, i'm not angry or anything infact it doesn't bother me at all but i don't think the thread was created in order for anyone to fire questions out whenever they come up with one they want to ask, the idea(the way i see it) is that the right to ask a question is earnt and considered as some sort of a reward...

eh?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
bryce said:
Hi Bryce,

Sorry pal. It was not to deny you a question. Actualy it was over 8 hours since you had answered correctly and just to keep the thread going I asked, begging your 'absent' pardon

Hi Bryce,

I am goinng ahead and asking the next one on your behalf (Pardon')

No other intention.

Please go ahead and ask the next.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Okay. Carrying on from there, I will ask one out of turn.

Which is the oldest individual, breakable Test record ?

The 'breakable' is there to exclude the 'first man to' questions.
Highest percentage of a teams score by a batsman, Bannerman in the first ever test.

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
I withdrew my question, but it was too late :( What should we do now ? Can whoever gets this pass the turn to Dejamoo ?

There is one older than Bannerman's.