• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Were these centuries in test matches ?

If not, were they in university games ?

If yes, are these the Pataudis ?
Q12 were they in Test Matches ? Yes

Q13 Were they the Pataudis ? No

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Lala and Surinder Armanath were the first father/son combination to both score centuries on Test debut.

This could be it ...
Q15 Lala and Surinder Armanath were the first father/son combination to both score centuries on Test debut ? No:)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Did Dad score the 500th Test century?
Q16 Did Dad score the 500th Test Century ? No, not the 500th Test Century .:)

Do I detect Archie shrewdly trying to avoid answering question correctly to evade having to ask next question.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Lala's was the first and Surinder's the 100th century for India
Not Surinder, But Jimmy(Mohinder)'s was .

I am going to give it to all three combined :) , and one of you can post next question.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Not Surinder, But Jimmy(Mohinder)'s was .

I am going to give it to all three combined :) , and one of you can post next question.
Yes I was wondering how because Surinders was the 90th 100 for India. I think we got (or at least I got led away by the earlier reference to Surinder and totally ignored Mohinder.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It was Mohinders 1st century but not on debut like Surinder and was at WACA in Dec 1977.

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Q16 Did Dad score the 500th Test Century ? No, not the 500th Test Century .:)

Do I detect Archie shrewdly trying to avoid answering question correctly to evade having to ask next question.
Yes I am going away for several days, so I can't ask the next Q :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Thread dying from lack of questions.

Question

This relates to great sportsmanship by a Captain - who appealed to the umpire to reverse a decision (given out) given against an opposition player in a Test Match . Who was this Captain ?

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Mushtaq Mohammad, Pakistan v Australia 1979/80. Quoting from 1980 Wisden

In Melbourne, Hogg was run out by Miandad, who moved from silly point to break the wicket after the batsman, having played a defensive stroke a short distance down the wicket, left his crease to inspect the wicket. Although Hogg was recalled by Mushtaq, umpire Harvey confirmed his earlier decision. Hogg promptly struck down the stumps leaving the wicket.
8-) 8-) 8-)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Thread dying from lack of questions.

Question

This relates to great sportsmanship by a Captain - who appealed to the umpire to reverse a decision (given out) given against an opposition player in a Test Match . Who was this Captain ?
GR Vishwanath.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
GR Vishwanath.
I was thinking of this instance when Vishy appealed against Bob Taylor being given out .
I think Its SJS turn for a long time now to ask next question.:)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
I was thinking of this instance when Vishy appealed against Bob Taylor being given out .
I think Its SJS turn for a long time now to ask next question.:)
1. Tayfield
2. JC White
3. Muralitharan
4. Arthur Mailey
5. Lance Gibbs
6. Kapil Dev

Who are the next two on this list?