• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q5. Was one of them an opener ?
Q6. If yes, were both of them openers ?
Q7. Did they play any tests together (in the same eleven) ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Q5. Was one of them an opener ?
Q6. If yes, were both of them openers ?
Q7. Did they play any tests together (in the same eleven) ?
Q5 Was one of them an opener ? Yes . (considering their career)
Q6 Were both of them openers ? No
Q7 Did they play any tests together (in the same eleven) ? No

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is the similarity to do with something that happened during the century innings in question?

archie mac

International Coach
Is it a long the lines that one scored a milestone ton (say the 100th in Test cricket) and the other did the same (say the 1000th ton in Test cricket)?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Is the similarity to do with something that happened during the century innings in question?
Q8 Is the similarity to do with something that happened during the century innings in question? It has nothing to do with similarity. More an unusual set of co-incidences and the link between the two individuals.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Is it a long the lines that one scored a milestone ton (say the 100th in Test cricket) and the other did the same (say the 1000th ton in Test cricket)?
Q9 Is it a long the lines that one scored a milestone ton (say the 100th in Test cricket) and the other did the same (say the 1000th ton in Test cricket)? Yes.

In fact you are extremely close to the answer . **which makes me suspect you know the answer , but have avoided answering **:)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Q9 Is it a long the lines that one scored a milestone ton (say the 100th in Test cricket) and the other did the same (say the 1000th ton in Test cricket)? Yes.

In fact you are extremely close to the answer . **which makes me suspect you know the answer , but have avoided answering **:)
Now would I do that? :ph34r:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Since no one has ventured even an attempt at the answer - here's a clue.

Clue - It has to do with a relationship . :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Were these centuries in test matches ?

If not, were they in university games ?

If yes, are these the Pataudis ?

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Were these centuries in test matches ?

If not, were they in university games ?

If yes, are these the Pataudis ?
Yes I was thinking the Pataudis :cool:

But will change to the Amarnath clan?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Yes I was thinking the Pataudis :cool:

But will change to the Amarnath clan?
The only father son duo who have both scored test centuries and have played for India are
Amarnaths, Pataudi's and the Manjrekars. So I suspect it may not be test centuries he is refering to. In which case we can add the
Mankads(Vinoo and Ashok),
Gaekwads (Dattajirao and Anshuman),
Roys (Pankaj and Pronob),
Singhs (Yograj and Yuvraj),
Kanitkars (Hemant and Hrishikesh)

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
The only father son duo who have both scored test centuries and have played for India are
Amarnaths, Pataudi's and the Manjrekars. So I suspect it may not be test centuries he is refering to. In which case we can add the
Mankads(Vinoo and Ashok),
Gaekwads (Dattajirao and Anshuman),
Roys (Pankaj and Pronob),
Singhs (Yograj and Yuvraj),
Kanitkars (Hemant and Hrishikesh)
I have never heard of the Kanitkars?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Lala and Surinder Armanath were the first father/son combination to both score centuries on Test debut.

This could be it ...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
burkey_1988 said:
Lala and Surinder Armanath were the first father/son combination to both score centuries on Test debut.

This could be it ...
I was thinking on same lines. SJS' post may have put me off track a bit.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:

This could be it ...
I thought of that but a) its too easy and b) Jason talked of something that happened during the centuries.