• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
SJS has sort of given a hint as to who the likely person who named this Team could be.

Since Carmody was obviously from NSW , only a player who played with him would have named him in their side. Since Lindwall is the only New South Wales player there, I would guess that this Team was Lindwall's Team .

Am I correct Archie ?
No you are wrong Jason, but good reasoning mate :)

Carmody is the player and not the umpire and you have the right Wright. Actually he(the player who chose this team) played with him (Carmody) in the Services side after WWll

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
OK this is a real good one.

Question

Ricky Ponting recently became the only batsman to score a century in each innings of his 100 th Test . This question is to do with 2 individuals scoring centuries (on separate occasions) which links the two centuries in an extremely unique manner . What is the uniqueness ? Who are the individuals ?

**No colour available in new Web format **:@ :) :)

Off to watch cricket - will check answers tomorrow.:happy:

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
OK this is a real good one.

Question

Ricky Ponting recently became the only batsman to score a century in each innings of a Test . This question is to do with 2 individuals scoring centuries (on separate occasions) which links the two centuries in an extremely unique manner . What is the uniqueness ? Who are the individuals ?

**No colour available in new Web format **:@ :) :)

Off to watch cricket - will check answers tomorrow.:happy:
I shall have a ponder, but I can see this becoming SJS format :ph34r:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
In relation to Jason's question, I have no idea. It could be absolutely anything. This is going to be impossible to get with him not around to answer questions.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I think he meant Ricky Ponting's twin tons in his 100th Test. Also that another unique event happened in the case of a batsman achieving two centuries.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
LongHopCassidy said:
I think he meant Ricky Ponting's twin tons in his 100th Test. Also that another unique event happened in the case of a batsman achieving two centuries.
Yeah I know, just the way he worded it.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
I couldn't help but cringe when I read that.
I have corrected it.Apologies.

burkey_1988 said:
In relation to Jason's question, I have no idea. It could be absolutely anything. This is going to be impossible to get with him not around to answer questions.
OK , Here's a clarification - its got to do with 2 individuals scoring centuries years apart but the two episodes are linked in an extremely unique way . (more ways than one ) And I am after one particuler aspect of this link.:)

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
danish said:
Thanks Jason.8-) Were they subcontinental? Btw, am I allowed to ask more than once?
Yes. There's no limit . But there is only a total of 20 questions allowed before the answer has to be provided.
Clues usually by Q10.

Q4 Were they subcontinental ? Yes.