• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
archie mac said:
I hear they are going to give the Super Test Aust V the World to be played later this year full Test Status, will they have the guts to retrospectively award Test caps to players like Jones?
I bet Goughie hopes not! I think he had his test cap number tattooed on him along with the three lions! :D

Good point tho, the ICC are a bit too keen just now to give everything official status just now.

archie mac

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
I bet Goughie hopes not! I think he had his test cap number tattooed on him along with the three lions! :D

Good point tho, the ICC are a bit too keen just now to give everything official status just now.

Same with Slater, only he had wrong number tattooed on. The ACB had the numbers reajusted to help him out.

And here is the next easy question.

What great player made a slight change to the spelling of his christian name?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:

ICC are so scared of losing the millions in their coffers, they will get rid of every semblence of tradition and change anything and everything to try and keep it in. :D

I have a scenario where they slowly change the game, bit by innocent harmless little bit till it becomes identical to field hockey and they drive every one away and are taken over by oh-my-Gawd KPSGill.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
Congrats! :happy:
Thanks Pratyush .

You deserve a great Medal for starting this thread !! Its Cricket webs longest running thread by duration -(nearing 2 years ) and I am sure it is one of the most viewed threads on the cricket web already !!

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
This person holds a batting record for people born in the country of his birth, although he played internationals for another country. Who is he and what is his record?

archie mac

International Coach
The Baconator said:
This person holds a batting record for people born in the country of his birth, although he played internationals for another country. Who is he and what is his record?
Basil D'Oliveria?