• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Toecrusher

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Who was the first player ever to be given run out by the third umpire in international cricket and who was it against?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
See how you go with this one ...

I won numerous Wimbledon titles, including three singles titles, and am a legend of the game of tennis. Who am I and what is my affiliation with the game of cricket ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I hope its not Bill Tilden because he first learned Tennis at the Germantown Cricket Club ??

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
See how you go with this one ...

I won numerous Wimbledon titles, including three singles titles, and am a legend of the game of tennis. Who am I and what is my affiliation with the game of cricket ?
Newk is related to Warren Bardsley, but I don't think he won 3 singles titles?

Is it Norman Brookes?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think It is Fred Perry. I remember reading something about him in a cricket book but cant recall. :@

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Newk is related to Warren Bardsley, but I don't think he won 3 singles titles?

Is it Norman Brookes?
No, it's John Newcombe. He won singles titles in 1967, 1970, and 1971.

Your turn archie

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
Barsdley is Newcombe's uncle by the way
Well there you go! Always good to learn new things :)

Who am I?

I was a Test umpire, and still hold an Australian Test record, (batting) which looks safe for a while yet?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Well there you go! Always good to learn new things :)

Who am I?

I was a Test umpire, and still hold an Australian Test record, (batting) which looks safe for a while yet?
Charles Bannerman - Highest score by an Australian on Test Debut 165 n.o