• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Yes :yes:

Sobers was the driver, Dewdney was in the front and Smith sleeping in the backseat. When the car hit a tree, Smith was thrown forward and killed.
Nawab of Pataudi Jr. later to play for and captain India with great distinction, was also in the car and lost his right eye in the accident....That makes four !! :)

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
But knows no questions 8-)

Tom Lowry married a sister of Percy Chapman.
In the hope that Jason won't mind, I am going ahead with a question -

Which unfortunate incident featured three people, all Test cricketers, the lesser involved of whom was the West Indian fastbowler Tom Dewdney ?
Thats correct !! Tom Lowry captained NZ and Percy Chapman captained England !!

Well done . But not surprising since you know the answers to almost all the questions on this Trivia ! :happy:

archie mac

International Coach
Tapioca said:
Larwood ended up in a flower shop, didn't he ? I don't know who Notts express, but a guess for that would also be Larwood.
Larwood was 'The Notts Express' But is not the answer to the Q

Larwood ran a lollie shop

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
Ray Lindwall ?
Lindwall is correct on both counts he did have an action similar to Larwood and he did run a florist business in Brisbane after retirement.

Go ahead with the next one Burkey.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
A player in the current England-Australia Test at Edgbaston did something for the first time in his Test career in the match. Who is the player I am looking for and what did he do ?

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
A player in the current England-Australia Test at Edgbaston did something for the first time in his Test career in the match. Who is the player I am looking for and what did he do ?
Blee 4 wickets against England? Or Warne 100 wickets against England in England?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
Very clever :(

Now where's JASON gone?
Here we go ! (Apologies for the delay - Busy at work + busy getting my new Laptop running)

Question

A recently achieved great cricketing record has gone largely un-noticed !! What is this record ?
Clue it was achieved in the last Month !! In a sense it is arguably one of the greatest records attainable !
!