• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll have guess at the hero despite my poor knowledge of county cricket ... Andy Caddick ???

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
He's gone now ... only other Somerset player I can think of off the top of my head is Trescothick but it's not him is it ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The book was about his Tormented hero who made a dream FC debut , Was famed for his lusty hitting, but only played 3 test matches despite this !!

He was plagued by Mental illness and committed Suicide !!
The passionate Fan's biography was about the tormented life of his hero !!

To make it easier :D let me add he made his Test debut in 1936. :D

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
The book was about his Tormented hero who made a dream FC debut , Was famed for his lusty hitting, but only played 3 test matches despite this !!

He was plagued by Mental illness and committed Suicide !!
The passionate Fan's biography was about the tormented life of his hero !!

To make it easier :D let me add he made his Test debut in 1936. :D
Harold Gimblett by David Foot. A great book, although I prefered his one on Hammond
:)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Harold Gimblett by David Foot. A great book, although I prefered his one on Hammond
:)
Correct ! The bloody easy clue was meant for Burkey :-O because he made a point of the question being tailor made for you.

Good on you for picking it any way !! :D

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Correct ! The bloody easy clue was meant for Burkey :-O because he made a point of the question being tailor made for you.

Good on you for picking it any way !! :D
I thought Burkey was talking about Somerset?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
What do Noble, Gregory and Hill all have in common? And has there ever been a greater one.
* Gregory ... Dave..or ... Jack...or Ned...or Syd.. or ...Ross :blink: :wacko:
Hill ...Clem or Jack :blink: 8-) :mellow: :D *

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
No :laugh: :laugh: But I posted the question because he was on line at that time !! :)
Seems as though I just missed it - and haven't checked these threads for a few days unfortunately! Don't think I would've got the answer though! :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Archie Mac's question relates to the fact that Clem Hill, Monty Noble and Syd Gregory were all part of a hat trick by JT Hearne. Considered the most illustrious 3 players to be dismissed in a hat trick.

And therefore the answer to the question - "Has there been any greater ?" has to be NO. :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
May I suggest that Mohammed Sami's hat trick of dismissing TCB (Charitha buddhika) Fernando, Nuwan Zoysa and Murali must be the cheapest Test Hat trick !! :laugh: :laugh:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
May I suggest that Mohammed Sami's hat trick of dismissing TCB (Charitha buddhika) Fernando, Nuwan Zoysa and Murali must be the cheapest Test Hat trick !! :laugh: :laugh:
Haha. Although I'd have to rate James Franklin's hat trick against Bangladesh to be up there with it - Islam Rana, Rafique, Baisya...