• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
OK just run through the top 2 of the greatest records in Batting and bowling in International Cricket and then consider the only other cricket that was played outside of the Ashes and then put 2 and 2 together should not be hard to work out !! :D :D

Who are the current incumbent big name record holders ? that should really not be hard.

I have given too many clues here, so I am not giving any more !! :happy: :happy:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
most number of combined test and odi runs by brian lara
most number of combined test and odi wickets by muttiah muralitharan

???

Monty

U19 Cricketer
the inly other cricket has been windies vs sri lanka so it could have been gangually getting most odi runs by a sub continet player

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
most number of combined test and odi wickets by muttiah muralitharan???
And finally thats the correct answer !! (among your many answers!! :D :laugh: )

Muralitharan over took Wasim Akram during the second Test against Windies in Sri Lanka.

Wasim Akram Test wickets 414 ODI wickets 502

Total wickets in International Cricket = 916 wickets

Muralitharan Test wickets 549 , ODI wickets 377

Total wickets = 549 + 377 = 926 wickets

Murali thus becomes the leading wicket taker in International Cricket surpassing Wasim Akram and soon will become the First bowler in International Cricket History to get 1000 wickets in International Cricket !!

I guess its your turn now !! :happy:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Jamee isn't going to post a Q so I'll keep this going

QUESTION: What is unique about the Cantebury Ground at kent ?

And it's nothing to do with the tree :p

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
And finally thats the correct answer !! (among your many answers!! :D :laugh: )

Muralitharan over took Wasim Akram during the second Test against Windies in Sri Lanka.

Wasim Akram Test wickets 414 ODI wickets 502

Total wickets in International Cricket = 916 wickets

Muralitharan Test wickets 549 , ODI wickets 377

Total wickets = 549 + 377 = 926 wickets

Murali thus becomes the leading wicket taker in International Cricket surpassing Wasim Akram and soon will become the First bowler in International Cricket History to get 1000 wickets in International Cricket !!

I guess its your turn now !! :happy:
Interesting feat by Murali, I hadn't even heard of the record coming up or occuring myself as it appears to have been completely ignored!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Looks like Jamee isn't going to post a Q so I'll keep this going

QUESTION: What is unique about the Cantebury Ground at kent ?

And it's nothing to do with the tree :p
Could be anything really, something to do with the success rate? Or a batting or bowling record?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
King_Ponting said:
Astroturf?
Yep ... in 1987 when Australia played England at Canterbury they had to play on a synthetic pitch as rain had ruined the turf pitch. It is the only ODI or Test to be played on such a pitch.

Let Jamee have the opportunity to post the next question if he wants, as he was supposed to ask one instead of me