• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Question

Name the great Australian legend whose mysterious background is claimed to be due to him being an illegitimate son of a house maid in Auckland, before his mother's cousins offered him a home in Australia . He is recognised as one of the All Time Great Australian Cricketers .
I will throw up a couple of names (to lazy to search)
:D Trumper or Spofforth?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
I will go the demon
:ph34r:
Archie that was the wrong answer !! :D

I am afraid since you have had your go its unfair for you to guess again, since there were only 2 possibilities.

The next person who gets the answer (and there's no reason why anyone should not, since the answer is quite obvious) will have to post next question. :D

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:

I am afraid since you have had your go its unfair for you to guess again, since there were only 2 possibilities.

The next person who gets the answer (and there's no reason why anyone should not, since the answer is quite obvious) will have to post next question. :D
fkeogj#@#2 :@

Okay then
:D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:

Trumper !!!

:clapping: Brilliant SJS !!:clapping:

Thank you thank you
*bows to the audience*
:notworthy

*Leaves the field to Archie Mac to ask the next question as he rushes off for the next meeting*

:@

Bye guys
Miss you lots

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Trumper !!!

:clapping: Brilliant SJS !!:clapping:

Thank you thank you
*bows to the audience*
:notworthy

*Leaves the field to Archie Mac to ask the next question as he rushes off for the next meeting*

:@

Bye guys
Miss you lots
Which player was nicknamed 'The Iron Duke"?

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Jardine.

Ask another :p
I did not know you were still around SJS :@

So will make this one a little harder :p

3. Which fast bowler is talking to W.G?
‘Surely your not going, Doc? There’s still one stump standing.’

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
I did not know you were still around SJS :@

So will make this one a little harder :p

3. Which fast bowler is talking to W.G?
‘Surely your not going, Doc? There’s still one stump standing.’
Sorry mate. That took a few seconds :)
Charles Kortright

Next.

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Sorry mate. That took a few seconds :)
Charles Kortright

Next.
Right again; here is another quote

Which Contemporary is talking about Bradman here?

“You’ve got to understand, history does not look favourably upon those that **** on monuments”

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Right again; here is another quote

Which Contemporary is talking about Bradman here?

“You’ve got to understand, history does not look favourably upon those that **** on monuments”
What is that ? "****" :D

Was it an English cricketer who said this ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jack Fingleton :D or Stan Mcabe or Tiger O'Reilly.(all fit the Irish Catholic criteria)

I will go for Jack Fingleton. :D