• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

What did Bradman refer to as "Filthy lies" ? (Someone's claims regarding Bradman and Body Line Tour) - Which soured Bradman's relationship with this individual and later these claims were defended by the individual's brother Father ....... who said his Brother was never known to tell lies !!

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Question

What did Bradman refer to as "Filthy lies" ? (Someone's claims regarding Bradman and Body Line Tour) - Which soured Bradman's relationship with this individual and later these claims were defended by the individual's brother Father ....... who said his Brother was never known to tell lies !!

Is this do to with the leaking of the Woodfull comments?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Larwood for saying he was scared?
No!! You were on the right track with regard to the individual before , but what he called As Filthy lies were not the Wood full comments !! Something else !!

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
No!! You were on the right track with regard to the individual before , but what he called As Filthy lies were not the Wood full comments !! Something else !!
Was it Jack Fingleton, stating that Bradman met a reporter, Corbett I think, to spill the Woodfull comments?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Was it Jack Fingleton, stating that Bradman met a reporter, Corbett I think, to spill the Woodfull comments?
NO,NO, NO !! Nothing to do with Woodfull incident at all !!

* thought this would be bloody easy since the answer would appear reasonably obvious considering the nature of the tour * :) :)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Clue - It is suggestive of cowardice by any batsmen worthy of being a front line Batsman.
Is it because he backed away to the onside?

I thought Fingleton because his brother was a priest (father)?

But maybe its Jardine whom descibed Bradman as Yella!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Is it because he backed away to the onside?

I thought Fingleton because his brother was a priest (father)?

But maybe its Jardine whom descibed Bradman as Yella!
As I said before and I repeat, Fingleton is correct. But it has nothing to do with backing away to the onside crap !! :-O

Its got to do with taking strike , facing the bowling !! - Now I have given it on a plate, any takers on what the answer is ? :D

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
As I said before and I repeat, Fingleton is correct. But it has nothing to do with backing away to the onside crap !! :-O

Its got to do with taking strike , facing the bowling !! - Now I have given it on a plate, any takers on what the answer is ? :D
That Bradman wanted to play it from the other end? Did not want to face up.
:)

I can't recall you saying Fingo was correct, I must have missed that post? :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
That Bradman wanted to play it from the other end? Did not want to face up.
:)

I can't recall you saying Fingo was correct, I must have missed that post? :p
And finally !! Thats correct. Fingleton claimed that Bradman called him Mid pitch in the second Bodyline test and suggested to him that he should take the strike from Larwood !!

Bradman was furious and claimed that it was a filthy lie !! Fingleton's brother Father Fingleton claimed his brother Jack was not known to tell lies !!

Your turn Archie Mac !! (Its just you and me keeping these threads going !! :laugh: :laugh:)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Your turn Archie Mac !! (Its just you and me keeping these threads going !! :laugh: :laugh:)
Yes, it seems that way, why do you think that is? Are we making the Qs to hard?

Tapioka and SJS were big supporters and Boy Brumby as well.

Which Aust. Cricketer was offered a knighthood but turned it down?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
archie mac said:
Yes, it seems that way, why do you think that is? Are we making the Qs to hard?

Tapioka and SJS were big supporters and Boy Brumby as well.

Which Aust. Cricketer was offered a knighthood but turned it down?
Keith Miller?