• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
No post for 2 days in Cricket Guru thread !! :-O :-O Must be a record !!

Was it RG (Bapu) Nadkarni -1st Test v Australia 1967 - Adelaide Oval ? (23-28th December 1967)

Still trying to figure out the reason !! :D

? Personal tragedy or personal crisis ?

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
biased indian said:
in a test match a bowler was replaced by another bowler .
i want to know the reason for replacemnet and the test in which this happened ??

the bowler was still perfectly eligible to bowl the remaining over and was not injured :)
the bowler who was replaced was still in the ground playing :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
My second shot at this , since Biased Indian has failed to confirm or deny that my previous answer was right or wrong-

Was it Asanka Gurusinha - 2nd Test v New Zealand 22-26 February 1991- at Hamilton -
reason for interrupting the over - Possibly the keeper (Tillekeratne) was injured or needed to go off the field and Guru who was probably bowling then would have had to take over as the sub keeper then or Because, Ranatunga himself wanted to bowl right in the middle of an over perhaps !! :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it Ganguly by any chance ? ( 2nd Test v Australia March 2001) when he had to take over as keeper perhaps ? :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
biased indian said:
the team involved was W I
Thanks for the Clue - Indeed it was West Indies - Jimmy Adams who had to take over after Ridley Jacobs was injured , and so had to abandon his over to take over as the Keeper .

4th Test V Australia at (the Famous Lara/Gayle Triple Century Batting Paradise :D ) Recreation Ground, St John's Antigua. :p

Here's the extract from the score card -

Day 3

Lunch: Australia 22/1 (Slater 11*, Langer 3*, 16 overs)
JC Adams took over the wicket-keeping after 24.2 overs in the innings after Jacobs was struck in the nose by a ball in Adams' 5th over. CL Hooper completed the over

biased indian

International Coach
JASON said:
Thanks for the Clue - Indeed it was West Indies - Jimmy Adams who had to take over after Ridley Jacobs was injured , and so had to abandon his over to take over as the Keeper .

4th Test V Australia at (the Famous Lara/Gayle Triple Century Batting Paradise :D ) Recreation Ground, St John's Antigua. :p

Here's the extract from the score card -

Day 3

Lunch: Australia 22/1 (Slater 11*, Langer 3*, 16 overs)
JC Adams took over the wicket-keeping after 24.2 overs in the innings after Jacobs was struck in the nose by a ball in Adams' 5th over. CL Hooper completed the over
that took a whole week to solve :)

u r indeed spot on jason
tony cozier was saying in comm that it was the only time this has happened in test cricket

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Don Bradman, Jack Hobbs, Steve Waugh, Walter Hammond, Greg Chappell, David Gower,Herbert Sutcliffe,Arthur Morris,Alan Border.......

Complete the next 6 players in this sequence . :D And what is this list of ?
:p

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Question

Don Bradman, Jack Hobbs, Steve Waugh, Walter Hammond, Greg Chappell, David Gower,Herbert Sutcliffe,Arthur Morris,Alan Border.......

Complete the next 6 players in this sequence . :D And what is this list of ?
:p
Leyland, Edrich, Boycott, Lawry, Boon and Slater.

Most Ashes Tons

I was surprised Edrich was on this list.
:)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
What did EM, GF & WG Achieve that GS, IM & TM failed to achieve?
The Grace brothers all played in a Test together, the Chappell brothers didn't?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Very well done Adamc :D

Your Turn
:)
You better go again (or someone else), I've got an essay due tomorrow which I haven't started, so I'm banishing myself from the CW. :(