• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it Lindsay Hassett's Australian Services Team tour of 1945 ?

There's a new trivia thread in OT called Archie Mac's reverse trivia - I ask everyone to participate in it.Its in a very simple format to encourage greater participation !! :) :) :pTapioca please do visit this thread !! :D

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Okay here is a hint : The tour took place between the first and the second world war !

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Has it struck you that you could be wrong ?? :D
I followed the clues. :wacko:
I asked was it from an Enngland to Aust. tour, and you said the other way around.
Jason guessed Woodfull, so that rules out 1930 and 1934. So if it is not 1921, 1926, 1938 it must be Herbie Collins Services side just after the war? But they did not go over on a ship?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
I followed the clues. :wacko:
I asked was it from an Enngland to Aust. tour, and you said the other way around.
Jason guessed Woodfull, so that rules out 1930 and 1934. So if it is not 1921, 1926, 1938 it must be Herbie Collins Services side just after the war? But they did not go over on a ship?
Nothing wrong in all that except that you are making one assumption sub conciously :D

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Nothing wrong in all that except that you are making one assumption sub conciously :D
I hope you do not think I need to see your brother?
:p

Okay than I will guess the Services side led by Horse shoe Collins.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
I hope you do not think I need to see your brother?
:p

Okay than I will guess the Services side led by Horse shoe Collins.
NO.

Let me give you a BIG hint.

Who would be most likely to be restricted from visiting the deck after dinner :-O

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Aust to England 1937. Finally found the book I remembered reading it in :)
Yes

It was the first Australian Womens cricket team to tour England. They defeated England in the first ever women's cricket test held in England !! England have always had the short end of the stick against the Aussies havent they ?

:)
Your turn.