• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's my question, May be easy for some !

Question

Who has faced the most dot balls in one innings in the history of Test Cricket ? (Since the question may be easy) Please give the exact number of dot balls faced by this individual ? (only that will be considered the correct answer )

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Here's my question, May be easy for some !

Question

Who has faced the most dot balls in the history of Test Cricket ? (Since the question may be easy) Please give the exact number of dot balls faced by this individual ? (only that will be considered the correct answer )
In one innings ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Hanif Mohammad during his 337 agaisnt WIndies ?
Not as far as I know.

But If you can give the number of dot balls Hanif faced I may be able to give it to you.

The answer I have is different.

Others may still attempt to answer it.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Not as far as I know.

But If you can give the number of dot balls Hanif faced I may be able to give it to you.

The answer I have is different.

Others may still attempt to answer it.
NO. Just guess work. Pakistan played more than 300 overs. He played till the end. So he must have had over six hundred dot balls at least :p

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Jason, how dare you assume your answer to Coney's question is correct and start a new question? You often do this and all credit to you you are often correct. however, i feel it is unfair to assume your answer is correct, which is actually wrong, and start another question. this is slack to coney and the rest of us

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
You are correct. Of course we need Jason to confirm but it is correct. He retired after the solitary test against Zimbabwe in 1999 which was the first of the winning streak !

J.Coney

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
scott muller was close he played in the 2nd and 3rd game of the streak. Ian Healy drpped after Zim the 1st match of the winning streak, replace of course by gilchrist.

)Swing(

Cricket Spectator
Oh fish sticks. Now I need to think of a question. One more craftier than the other, made of 60ft atomic monsters with hexagonal heads with enough power to destroy a whole city! *goes off ranting and raving*

)Swing(

Cricket Spectator
Ok then...who was the first Lancastrian player to score a test hundred at Old Trafford, in which year and what was his final score?

Also for extra credits, what was his nick name?

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
)Swing( said:
Ok then...who was the first Lancastrian player to score a hundred at Old Trafford, in which year and what was his final score?

Also for extra credits, what was his nick name?
You mean a test hundred ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
In what respect is Herbert Sutcliffe's batting record in test matches superior to every other batsman in the history of the game , including Bradman.