• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
OK, Baconator this thread is going no where past this question, and I hope you won't mind my saying this, but the time to post a clue has long come and gone, So I would beg you to :D (implore you to even:D ) post a clue , so we can get over this question as everyone else seem clueless too.

Here are some guesses (very improbable ones) :D

Was he the oldest player to drop a catch :laugh: , because the Test match report notes that he dropped Jo Darling (the Aussie Captain) in a close Test which resulted in Darling scoring 37, but in the context of a low scoring test, that drop was costly as Australia won by 3 runs.

Was he the oldest player to bat at number 11 in both innings? :)

Was he the oldest person to perhaps score a boundary :laugh: ( I know this is not correct) :laugh:

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
OK here's another guess (from my bank of infinite guesses :laugh: )-

Was Freddie Tate the oldest guy to carry the dinks ever in a Test ? :laugh: :laugh: (by this I mean the 12th Man)

(This excludes Billy Birmingham of course, who is probably the oldest 12th Man ever :laugh: :laugh: )

Now I have to watch out for this guy coming after me. :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Though a debutant, he was older than all but two players in the team !! (Probably older than every one in the opposition as well)

PS This cant be a record because in the first ever test of each country there will be a debutant who will be older than all his fellow debutants :p

shankar

International Debutant
Sorry for the delay. Here's the question:

What connects Shane Warne,Nayan Mongia,Azharuddin,Steve Bucknor and Arthur Mailey?