• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry , I was wrong.

SJS's answer above - Gary Kirsten is correct.

642 balls faced in scoring 275 , which had 26 - 4's, 12 - 3runs, 24-2runs and rest in singles. (ie 26x 4 = 104, 12 x 3 = 36, 24 x2 = 48 =188 runs, 87 singles.) So scoring balls were 26 + 12 + 24 +87 = 149 balls

Which means he could have faced (approx) 493 dot balls .
This is definitely the highest dot balls faced in a single innings. (Although byes, legbyes off these balls have not been considered. Give or take a few , this is far in excess of the answer I had)

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
>> Gary Kirsten is correct..

Hutton faced 847 balls for 364 with 35 fours. I don't have the breakup of singles and twos for his innings, but it can be worked out that the number of dot balls that he played is in the range of 600.

Hanif, if he received half the number of balls bowled while he was in, should have received around 930 balls and would beat Hutton easily.

Simpson (311 in 743 balls, 23x4 and 1x6) will run Kirsten close.

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
The reason why I don't spend much time in these two threads is because I am a little short of time nowadays. But I've been trapped :wacko:

What record, previously held by Jason Gillespie, did Shoaib Akhtar equal in the first Test of the recent series at WACA, and better in the second Test at MCG ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
The reason why I don't spend much time in these two threads is because I am a little short of time nowadays. But I've been trapped :wacko:

What record, previously held by Jason Gillespie, did Shoaib Akhtar equal in the first Test of the recent series at WACA, and better in the second Test at MCG ?
Is it a dubious record ?

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
It is a 'most test matches ...' sort of question. Shoaib equalled Gillespie's streak at WACA and improved it at MCG. Gillespie's sequence began and ended a while ago.

It is not a dubious record, but it is more of something that his team did (that isn't dubious either).

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He has been involved in 28 consecutive results since the draw he palyed in with Zimbabwe in 98-99

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Its interesting to see these stats. Pakistan has wone 14 and lost 14 of their last 28 tests. Seems a not so bad performance. The details are a bit more revealing.

COUNTRY........Played........Won......Lost

BDESH..............3................3..........0
ZIMBABWE........2...............2..........0
SAFRICA...........1...............1..........0
WEST INDIES.....2...............2..........0
NZLAND............2................2..........0

INDIA...............4................2..........2
SRI LANKA.........5................2..........3
ENGLAND...........1................0..........1
AUSTRALIA........8................0..........8

But no draws. It does tell something about whats right AND what needs improving in Pakistan cricket.