• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Technically that's not quite right though. Forgot about Rodney Redmond and Andy Ganteaume? :)

OK, a Q.
Virender Sehwag recently became the 8th Indian to achieve what feat?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dasa said:
Technically that's not quite right though. Forgot about Rodney Redmond and Andy Ganteaume? :)

OK, a Q.
Play a certain number of ODI matches? (wild guess)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Jason, how dare you assume your answer to Coney's question is correct and start a new question? You often do this and all credit to you you are often correct. however, i feel it is unfair to assume your answer is correct, which is actually wrong, and start another question. this is slack to coney and the rest of us
Because, it was not j.coney's turn to ask question in the first place. It was my turn any way, but that aside I was happy to let that pass and answered it as usual, that's why.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
You are correct. Of course we need Jason to confirm but it is correct. He retired after the solitary test against Zimbabwe in 1999 which was the first of the winning streak !
Now, come on SJS, you have enough ways to tap the net or check your many books to confirm this !! :laugh: You don't need me just for that !! :D

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
NO. Just guess work. Pakistan played more than 300 overs. He played till the end. So he must have had over six hundred dot balls at least :p
That is not the answer I am afraid, I suspect others must have played more dot balls than him, So I am afraid your answer is not correct.

When we've finished the current question, if everyone's happy we can revert to this question, unless someone has objection to that ! :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Dasa said:

OK, a Q.
Top the PWC Test Match batting Ratings ?

Dasa

Sorry, no. To move things along a bit (and I want to get to Jasons question quickly), I'll give a clue. It's an ODI record.

Dasa

Sorry, I haven't been able to get online. Jason is correct, Sehwag was the 8th Indian to do that.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Who has faced the most dot balls in one innings in the history of Test Cricket ? (Since the question may be easy) Please give the exact number of dot balls faced by this individual ? (only that will be considered the correct answer )

And it was not Hanif Mohammed . As SJS has suggested, as the exact number of balls Hanif faced is unknown, although the Pakistan innings V WI in the Test lasted over 300 overs and one feels Hanif scored 337 with only 24 fours in a very long innings, so it must have included lot of singles and his other Team Mates may have faced more than half the overs as well.

So back to the question ? any guesses :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Question

Who has faced the most dot balls in one innings in the history of Test Cricket ? (Since the question may be easy) Please give the exact number of dot balls faced by this individual ? (only that will be considered the correct answer )

And it was not Hanif Mohammed . As SJS has suggested, as the exact number of balls Hanif faced is unknown, although the Pakistan innings V WI in the Test lasted over 300 overs and one feels Hanif scored 337 with only 24 fours in a very long innings, so it must have included lot of singles and his other Team Mates may have faced more than half the overs as well.

So back to the question ? any guesses :)
Gary Kirsten at Durban 1999 ?