• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Has it got to do with the Test when the double of 1000 runs and 100 wickets was achieved ? ie a link between the three cricketers ?

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

Question: What do Shaun Pollock, Kapil Dev and John Bracewell have in common?

20 QUESTIONS
Question 1: SJS: An 'L' in their names? NO
Question 2: Deja Moo: A statistical similarity based on both batting and bowling? YES
Question 3: JASON: 1000 runs and 100 wickets? NO, not the answer I'm looking for
Question 3a: SJS: Is the similarity based on performance in test matches ? YES and NO, the similarity is related to test matches, but not limited to performance (bad answer so doesn't count as a question)
Question 4: SJS: Is it that All three have played more matches away than at home? NO
Question 5: Bryce: Is it to do with a performance or performances against a single country? NO
Question 6: SJS: Is the similarity a dubious distinction ? (not something to be proud of)? NO. As much as you love asking this, it is incorrect.
Question 7: SJS: Is it to do with playing away from home? NO
Question 8: Bryce: Is the statistical similarity to do with both runs and wickets ? YES

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

20 QUESTIONS
Question 2: Deja Moo: A statistical similarity based on both batting and bowling? YES
Question 3: JASON: 1000 runs and 100 wickets? NO, not the answer I'm looking for
Question 3a: SJS: Is the similarity based on performance in test matches ? YES and NO, the similarity is related to test matches, but not limited to performance (bad answer so doesn't count as a question)
Question 4: SJS: Is it that All three have played more matches away than at home? NO
Question 5: Bryce: Is it to do with a performance or performances against a single country? NO
Question 6: SJS: Is the similarity a dubious distinction ? (not something to be proud of)? NO. As much as you love asking this, it is incorrect.
Question 8: Bryce: Is the statistical similarity to do with both runs and wickets ? YES
Question 9: JASON: Has it got to do with the Test when the double of 1000 runs and 100 wickets was achieved? YES, I think I said too much before..

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Bracewell achieved the double in 41 st Test, While Kapil Dev in 25th Test.and Pollock in his 26th Test. What's the link ?

Last edited:

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

20 QUESTIONS
Question 9: JASON: Has it got to do with the Test when the double of 1000 runs and 100 wickets was achieved? YES, I think I said too much before..
Question 10: SJS: Is it to do with being the fastest to a milestone? NO

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Well done, Jason. You have almost got it there !

I am at work. I don't want to give the exact answer and take the responsibility that comes with it :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
membersstand said:

20 QUESTIONS

Jason,

I thought of that with Kapil and Pollock being the fastest in their respetive countries to do so in 25 and 26 tests respectively but not so Bracewell who took 41 tests(his last) to do this. Tells you anything ??

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
I am being a spoilsport but,

SJS, do you remember anything interesting about the way Kapil took his 100th wicket and scored his 1000th run ?

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Forgot that this was the cricket guru thread.

They all took the 100th wkt and scored their 1000th run in the same match.

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Tapioca said:
I am being a spoilsport but,

SJS, do you remember anything interesting about the way Kapil took his 100th wicket and scored his 1000th run ?
Thanks Tapoica :p (that was sarcasm if you didn't notice). I don't think he'll get it with that clue though

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

ANSWER: They are the only cricketers to achieve the 100th Test wicket and 1000th run in the same Test !!

20 QUESTIONS
Question 11: Tapoica: Is it that They are the only cricketers to achieve the 100th Test wicket and 1000th run in the same Test? YES !!!

Last edited:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
I got it first. See two posts above Jason's ! I was hesitant because I didn't want to get stuck answering an SJS question.

William Morris Hughes was the Australian PM from 1916 to 1922 (or so). Which future Test cricketer was named after him ?

[Closes the eye and listens for the sound of Jason hitting that question out of the ground]

Last edited: