• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

Question: What do Shaun Pollock, Kapil Dev and John Bracewell have in common?

20 QUESTIONS
Question 1: SJS: An 'L' in their names? NO

Last edited:

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

20 QUESTIONS
Question 1: Deja Moo: A statistical similarity based on both batting and bowling? YES

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

20 QUESTIONS
Question 2: Deja Moo: A statistical similarity based on both batting and bowling? YES
Question 3: Deja Moo: 1000 runs and 100 wickets? NO, not the answer I'm looking for

Last edited:

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

20 QUESTIONS
Question 2: Deja Moo: A statistical similarity based on both batting and bowling? YES
Question 3: JASON: 1000 runs and 100 wickets? NO, not the answer I'm looking for
Question 3a: SJS: Is the similarity based on performance in test matches ? YES and NO, the similarity is related to test matches, but not limited to performance (bad answer so doesn't count as a question)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
membersstand said:

20 QUESTIONS
Question 3: JASON: 1000 runs and 100 wickets? NO, not the answer I'm looking for
Question 3a: SJS: Is the similarity based on performance in test matches ? YES and NO, the similarity is related to test matches, but not limited to performance (bad answer so doesn't count as a question)

All three have played more matches away than at home. (For Pollock this was true before the start of the current home series against England)

PLAYER AWAY HOME
Kapil 66 65
Bracewell 14 27
Pollock 43 44

(Since then Pollock has played four more tests at home)

bryce

International Regular
SJS said:
All three have played more matches away than at home. (For Pollock this was true before the start of the current home series against England)

PLAYER AWAY HOME
Kapil 66 65
Bracewell 14 27
Pollock 43 44

(Since then Pollock has played four more tests at home)
i think you got the away/home thing mixed up

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

20 QUESTIONS
Question 4: SJS: Is it that All three have played more matches away than at home? NO

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

20 QUESTIONS
Question 4: SJS: Is it that All three have played more matches away than at home? NO
Question 5: Bryce: Is it to do with a performance or performances against a single country? NO

I fear I may have led you guys astray..I'll say that one of the previous guesses was very close

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

20 QUESTIONS
Question 5: Bryce: Is it to do with a performance or performances against a single country? NO
Question 6: SJS: Is the similarity a dubious distinction ? (not something to be proud of)? NO. As much as you love asking this, it is incorrect.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
membersstand said:

20 QUESTIONS

I fear I may have led you guys astray..I'll say that one of the previous guesses was very close

Has it to do with playing away from home ?

membersstand

State Vice-Captain

20 QUESTIONS
Question 6: SJS: Is the similarity a dubious distinction ? (not something to be proud of)? NO. As much as you love asking this, it is incorrect.
Question 7: SJS: Is it to do with playing away from home? NO