• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

bryce

International Regular
membersstand said:

Question: What do Shaun Pollock, Kapil Dev and John Bracewell have in common?

ANSWER: They are the only cricketers to achieve the 100th Test wicket and 1000th run in the same Test !!

sorry, but a bit of clarification needed for the not so intelectually gifted, how did dev, bracewell and pollock get their 1000th runs and 100th wicket in the same test when dev achieved it in his 25th test, bracewell his 41st and pollock his 26th ?
again, apologies

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
I got it first. See two posts above Jason's ! I was hesitant because I didn't want to get stuck answering an SJS question.

William Morris Hughes was the Australian PM from 1916 to 1922 (or so). Which future Test cricketer was named after him ?

[Closes the eye and listens for the sound Jason hitting that question out of the ground]
William Morris Sievers

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
bryce said:
sorry, but a bit of clarification needed for the not so intelectually gifted, how did dev, bracewell and pollock get their 1000th runs and 100th wicket in the same test when dev achieved it in his 25th test, bracewell his 41st and pollock his 26th ?
again, apologies
They all got their 1000th run AND 100th wicket in the same test

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
again, apologies
They achieved their 100th wicket and the 1000th run in the same test. ie Kapil got his 100th wicket and 1000th run in the same Test. and so did Pollock and Bracewell.

The others took their 100th wicket in one test and 1000th run in another !

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
JASON said:
They achieved their 100th wicket and the 1000th run in the same test. ie Kapil got his 100th wicket and 1000th run in the same Test. and so did Pollock and Bracewell.

The others took their 100th wicket in one test and 1000th run in another !
thanks alot jason - now i can't believe i didn't get it lol, and sorry for interrupting the question

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
Tapioca said:
Ferd gets it with William Morris Lawry :clapping:
All thanks go to my dad who answered it while I was reading the question to my self aloud.

Next Question. Which first class team did the best umpire of his era(according to the best batsman of all time) play for in his younger days?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Ferd said:
All thanks go to my dad who answered it while I was reading the question to my self aloud.

Next Question. Which first class team did the best umpire of his era(according to the best batsman of all time) play for in his younger days?

Yorkshire .

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Missed it again. :@

Bill Lawry, who grew up in the Melbourne suburb of Northcote, was named after Prime Minister William Morris Hughes. He had none of Hughes' feisty characteristics as a leader, though like Hughes he loved a good scrap.