• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS said:
I think this is not going to come from guessing. So I will give a hint. Though I dont know if this wil result in an answer.
It was a house a bit further up on the same road where WG's family's home Downend House was !
How much will it cost to go from Calcutta to go near Downend and find out?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think this may not get answered.

Actually for a very long time there was a misconception that WG was born at Downend House where his family had moved before he was born. However more than half a century later it was discovered that he was born at Clematis House , the curates house a little way up the road. It is thought that his mother may have been looked after by the curate's wife while in confinement. though why the village doctor's wife should have been away from her home, a few doors away, is a bit of a mystery :)

Source : AA Thomson. The Great cricketer.

Anyone may take the next question please.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ah you must have given us some more time to find out.

Question) Where was Bhupinder Singh Jr. born?

Just kidding!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
My surname is a country yet I was born in another. I played First Class Cricket last year in a country; Only 1 of those countries play ODI's. Who Am I?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
My surname is a country yet I was born in another. I played First Class Cricket last year in a country; Only 1 of those countries play ODI's. Who Am I?
Benjamin France. Born in Malaysia, played for Derbyshire in 2004.

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
I couldn't come here on Sunday to post the next question. So if J doesn't object, I'll take the baton from him.

Btw, I can't think of a good question either :(

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
BJ France

Born in Brunei

Played for Oxfordshire, Derbyshire(2004)
That's exactly what I said!! Brunei is part of Malaysia !! :@ :@

That's nit picking IMO, if this turns out to be the reason why Jamee said my answer was incorrect !! :@

Deja moo

International Captain
JASON said:
That's exactly what I said!! Brunei is part of Malaysia !! :@ :@

That's nit picking IMO, if this turns out the reason why Jamee said my answer was incorrect !! :@
Brunei isnt a part of Malaysia. It is a separate country.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
Brunei isnt a part of Malaysia. It is a separate country.
Oh well its a principality surrounded by Malaysia . Anyway this guy is listed as being born in Malaysia in some places and being born in Brunei in other places.
But the name and county are correct !!

So what's the big problem with the answer !! :@ :@

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
membersstand said:
Having said that Jason, if you'd like to ask the next question I'm sure we can arrange for you to take the credit
Yes of course. :)

Go ahead jason.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
membersstand said:
Having said that Jason, if you'd like to ask the next question I'm sure we can arrange for you to take the credit
Mate we cannot ask another question until Jamee999 comes back and confirms indeed the answer is correct. Because otherwise you will end up with a scenario where 2 or 3 people will be asking questions at the same time , when one question has not been properly finished and completely answered. (As you might have encountered in the New cricket Trivia thread :) :) recently)