• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
benchmark00 said:
lol i know its off topic but i read that its boybrumby's birthday today! haha.. happy birthday quizmaster!... stop asking impossible questions! lol
Thanks, mate! :)

& sorry! I thought given the date someone would've had a guess!

Ok, 2 clues:

1) He was a diminutive batsman;
2) He played in the 1932/33 Ashes series.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ya bloody cowards! :D

Ok, two more clues:

5) He was born in Oswaldthistle;
6) He very famously rose from his hospital bed to score a gutsy 83 in the 4th test @ The Gabba in the Bodyline series.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Finally! Hooray!

& I'll bow down before your spelling (as you're correct it seems churlish not to), but EP's 83 very definitely was in the 4th test. The 3rd was @ The Adelaide Oval where Lol Larwood brained Bill Oldfield.

EP also hit the 6 that won us The Ashes in the 2nd innings of the 4th test.

I guess it begs the questions:

a) How did Plum know Eddie was gifted in that way; &
b) Why he felt the need to tell the world!

Anyway, over to you....

EDIT: Of Course I meant Bert Oldfield....it was late! :D

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
ok i'll reluctantly take it :)

Which current Test Cricketer was recently described like this,
"Not particularly tall or short, not slim nor carrying extra weight, neither short-haired nor long".

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
ok i'll reluctantly take it :)

Which current Test Cricketer was recently described like this,
"Not particularly tall or short, not slim nor carrying extra weight, neither short-haired nor long".
Michael Clarke ?

bryce

International Regular
no, this question might be quite difficult, the reason i posted it is because there is currently a link to an article about him on the cricinfo homepage - take that as a hint :)

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buddhmaster said:
Well I didn't last long. Your go benchmark.
lol ok thanks.... hmmm... im gonna make a really hard one! lol

Which current Pura Cup Cricketer once came to Albury/Wodonga (a regional town in Australia) for 2 Twenty20 matches featuring other pura cup players, and in the first over (first ball) of the second of the two matches dropped the ball as he was about to bowl and was ironically cheered....?