• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Langer kept wickets in his first three odi's at Sharjah. Didnt do too badly with a catch off vSteve Waugh, a stumping off Warne and only one bye in three games !!!

This and his career strike rate of 89 in odi's makes him a competitor to Gilchrist :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
This should be a very easy one !

Question -

He was a close friend of many Australian Prime Ministers and was Press secretary to one Prime Minister !!
He held a unique batting record for 12 years before it was surpassed by another !! After that it has subsequently remained unsurpassed after nearly 60 years!!

Holds another record to this day !!
Subsequent to his playing career had another association with cricket !!
Too many clues !! Should be easy !! Who is he ? What are the records? :xmas: :newyear: :santa: :partytime :holiday:

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
This should be a very easy one !

Question -

He was a close friend of many Australian Prime Ministers and was Press secretary to one Prime Minister !!
He held a unique batting record for 12 years before it was surpassed by another !! After that it has subsequently remained unsurpassed after nearly 60 years!!

Holds another record to this day !!
Subsequent to his playing career had another association with cricket !!
Too many clues !! Should be easy !! Who is he ? What are the records? :xmas: :newyear: :santa: :partytime :holiday:
Fingleton's record of four consecutive hundreds(consecutive innings) in 1936, broken by Weekes 12 years later in 1948 which still stands, 56 years later.

Fingleton (alongwith Bradman) holds the test record for the 6th wicket partnership of 346 runs.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Fingleton's record of four consecutive hundreds(consecutive innings) in 1936, broken by Weekes 12 years later in 1948 which still stands, 56 years later.

Fingleton (alongwith Bradman) holds the test record for the 6th wicket partnership of 346 runs.
Correct !! :xmas: :newyear: :santa: :partytime :holiday:

bryce said:
weekes got that record in new zealand didn't he
Nope. Weekes completed his 5th century against England at Kingston after the first 4 were against India in India !!

bryce

International Regular
JASON said:
Nope. Weekes completed his 5th century against England at Kingston after the first 4 were against India in India !!
i just went to research to find out why i actually said that and found that in the west indies 1955-56 tour to nz weekes hit 940 runs in only eight first class games, knew there was something....

bryce

International Regular
has it anything to do with mode of dismissal?
i see he has taken a higher number of 'lbws' and 'bowleds' than 'caught other' which is not common at all

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
bryce said:
has it anything to do with mode of dismissal?
i see he has taken a higher number of 'lbws' and 'bowleds' than 'caught other' which is not common at all
NO

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Most LBW s in a match ?

if that's not correct , taking a pot shot here , Is it most no balls bowled in an innings ?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have it for sure... He holds the record for the most matches played in purple underwear.... how easy was that!

my go now?