• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bryce said:
it's definately chee quee, andrew symonds? isn't he english
damnit, beat me too it! i had to register first,lol... yeah im pretty sure its richard chee quee too.... symonds is part greek i think

benchmark00

yeah im pretty confident that he was bron in england to at least one greek parent, he was on the tv 'Greeks on the roof' lol.... which for all of you non aussies is (or was) a show in australia... i was suprised

benchmark00

hmmmm it wasnt Ellis Achong was it? i know he played for the west indies but im just wondering if he played SS? i know he came up with the googly i think... hmmm i could be sounding stupid here lol

benchmark00

no idea

Look, in all honesty i have no idea, lol.... and i dont wanna google it cause thatd be cheating,lol... i know achong played in the 30's for west indies (still not sure if he played SS) so by your reaction was it prior to the 1930's? perhaps early 1900's? if not was it sorta recently? like maybe still playing? stuart macgill has a middle name of like glyndwr or something,lol.... that sounds sorta chinese? haha im clutching at straws here..... another clue maybe? lol

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play, BM00!

Ok, two more clues:

2) He was born in NSW, but played SS for Queensland

3) He played against DRJ's all-conquering English tourists (although not necessarily for QLD

benchmark00

all-conquering English!? hhahaha must've be a while ago..... hehe.... any excuse to fire up an england Vs Australia debate... lol

BoyBrumby

Englishman
benchmark00 said:
all-conquering English!? hhahaha must've be a while ago..... hehe.... any excuse to fire up an england Vs Australia debate... lol
72 years ago to be precise! About the last time we held The Ashes, or so it seems! :D

benchmark00

haha if i wanted to a smart **** i could say that the answer would have to be an Aboriginal because i read somewhere that all aboriginals are distant descendants of the chinese.... haha god i sound like an idiot

benchmark00

ok the only chance im gonna get this is if you give me another clue.... lol.... did he play for Australia against jardine's team? or did he ever play for Australia? or maybe he played for another country?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, more clues:

4) He played against The MCC for a Queensland Country XII in a non-FC tour match;

5) His first-class career (a brief one) ended 7 years previously.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, 2 more clues:

6) The 32/33 tour match he featured in was played on February 1st & 2nd 1933;

7) His figures in the 1st MCC innings were 2 for 123 off only 15 overs, but included Hebert Sutcliffe stumped by a then 16 year old Don Tallon (Bradman's favourite keeper, apparently).