• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
West Indies vs Pakistan, Port of Spain 92-93. 17 lbws
Correct !! Isn't that amazing though nearly 4 lbw's in each innings !!

I suppose now with so much pressure on Umps and TV cameras watching and replaying every decision and computer reproduction of each delivery, the umps have mostly gone very conservative or have become reluctant to give LBW's unless its blatantly obvious !! (of course there are exceptions like Steve Buchnor among others !!)

I seriously cannot see this record being broken, unless a match is played in an unusual pitch with low bounce or some such anomaly like that !!

Over to you, for next question !! :xmas: :newyear: :santa:

Deja moo

International Captain
Sorry for the delay. forgot about this.

Q) Which test/s have seen the winning team lose the least number of wickets (in the entire test) ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
Sorry for the delay. forgot about this.

Q) Which test/s have seen the winning team lose the least number of wickets (in the entire test) ?
England 2/531 v SA (273 and 240) 1924 Lord's
England 2/267 v NZ (67 and 129) 1958 Leeds
England 2/459 v India (165 and 216) 1974 Birmingham
South Africa 2/470 v Bangladesh (173 and 237) Chittagong 2003

Last edited:

Deja moo

International Captain
You've got 3 correct. Its happened 4 times. I'm not giving it away till you get all 4 :)

EDIT : Just saw your edited post. You go now.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
You've got 3 correct. Its happened 4 times. I'm not giving it away till you get all 4 :)

EDIT : Just saw your edited post. You go now.
This is a good one and I have borrowed it from a Mate !! :) :)

How many sixes did Sir Don Bradman hit in his entire Test career ? :D

Deja moo

International Captain
JASON said:
Could you elaborate on this ?

The answer my mate has given is different !

I heard that Bradmen hit 44 (or 46, I dont remember exactly) sixes in his entire First class career, six out of which were in tests.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
I heard that Bradmen hit 44 (or 46, I dont remember exactly) sixes in his entire First class career, six out of which were in tests.
Not correct !!

The answer given by my Mate :) was given to him at a cricketers night function where Jeff Thompson, Dougie Walters and Len Pascoe had been present!! (or conducted the quiz and cricket chat after that!! So I assume his answer to be correct!! or perhaps not ? :blink: :D )

Any other guesses ? :) :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sorry for the delay chaps, been out on the lash!

My question is this:

Who was the first cricketer of Chinese descent to play Sheffield Shield (as was) cricket?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
BoyBrumby said:
Sorry for the delay chaps, been out on the lash!

My question is this:

Who was the first cricketer of Chinese descent to play Sheffield Shield (as was) cricket?
Andrew Symonds?