• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

bryce

International Regular
no wonder i forgot it, i still don't get it - duplicate of qadir ?

N.B- i do realise abdul qadir is a former pakistani legspinner and he is obviously meant to me a duplicate of him, but i don't get why taiwan is an appropriate nickname :confused1?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
bryce said:
no wonder i forgot it, i still don't get it - duplicate of qadir ?

N.B- i do realise abdul qadir is a former pakistani legspinner and he is obviously meant to me a duplicate of him, but i don't get why taiwan is an appropriate nickname :confused1?
Nah, me neither mate! Perhaps someone could enlighten us?.... 8-)

Anyway, looks like your go pending Taps' say so.

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Correct, bryce.

Taiwan is infamous in the subcontinent for making duplicates of Japanese electronic stuff and selling it at much cheaper rates.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
All the best for whatever exam you are studying for. :D
Obstetrics and Gynaecology , Believe it or not !! :) :)

Exam over !! Not sure how succesful I was until I get the result !!

Glad to be back on the trivia front again !! :) :)

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
i'm not really a fan of this thread turning into the SJS format since we already have a thread for that, so i will post questions which are very 'answerable' IMO,

Who is the only Kenyan born player to represent New Zealand in international matches ?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Superb!

Ok, this is an "England touring Southern Africa" stylee, so it's vaguely topical.

When England last toured SA & Rhodesia (as was) in 1964 Ted Dexter was late joining the party for a unique (I think) reason.

What was that reason?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
James90 said:
He ran for PM?? Or something in parliament. He lost anyway
Yep, close enough for me! He actually stood for parliament as the Tory candidiate in a constituency in Cardiff. As you say, he got his a*se whupped. The winner was James Callaghan, the future Prime Minister (he was the one before Mrs Thatcher).

Your go! :)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Which Australian last played first class cricket in 2002-2003. Since has had two shoulder operations and not been considered. However, still kept a state contract

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
James90 said:
Which Australian last played first class cricket in 2002-2003. Since has had two shoulder operations and not been considered. However, still kept a state contract
Damien Fleming? He retired around that period..

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Adam Dale comes to mind but as far as I know he retired shortly after the 2002/3 season !! (and his shoulder surgery was before that !! ) So I am stumped on this one !! :D

bryce

International Regular
Which cricketer has been involved in 3 of the 10 record partnerships for each wicket in ODI history ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
bryce said:
Which cricketer has been involved in 3 of the 10 record partnerships for each wicket in ODI history ?
Tendulkar.

For the first wkt with Ganguly and for the second and third with Dravid.