• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Raja Maharaj Singh

Played his only fc match at the age of 72. Are you looking for someone older than that ?
Oh sorry. I just read what you said in the second sentence about the youngest centurion. BTW, I was refering to a player who at 57 was a kid compared to your Maharaja. :)

Your turn

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Dennis Lillee did two things (one in each innings, both while batting) in the Perth test match of 1979/80 which have ended up in cricket trivia books. What are they ?

Who was the 57 year old ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Rev Reginald Moss who was actually the oldest player to play in a County Game when he played for Worcestershire vs Gloucestershire in 1925.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
But though it said it was his only game for Worcestershire, it appears he had played for Oxford University earlier so it was not his first class debut as I presumed :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Dennis Lillee did two things (one in each innings, both while batting) in the Perth test match of 1979/80 which have ended up in cricket trivia books. What are they ?

Is this the match in which he came out with an aluminium bat ? That must be one of the things he did.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am sorry but I have no clue what else he did for he scored very little. 19 couldnt have been his highest test score, so I really cant say :huh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If SJS has no objections....?

What unique (at least according to the book I'm reading) feat did the great American (sic) bowler J. B. "Bart" King achieve at Haverford College in 1909 playing for Philadelphia v The Irish Gentlemen?

It's a pretty specific achievement, but is guessable. I'll give hints if asked.

NB: I don't know if the game had first class status, but King topped the English bowling averages in 1908 with 87 wickets @ 11.01, so I think it's a fair assumption.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
If SJS has no objections....?

What unique (at least according to the book I'm reading) feat did the great American (sic) bowler J. B. "Bart" King achieve at Haverford College in 1909 playing for Philadelphia v The Irish Gentlemen?

It's a pretty specific achievement, but is guessable. I'll give hints if asked.

NB: I don't know if the game had first class status, but King topped the English bowling averages in 1908 with 87 wickets @ 11.01, so I think it's a fair assumption.
Took all ten wickets in an innings !!

He then went onto take a hat trick in the second innings.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Time for a clue I think, I've got meeting early doors tomorrow & need some kip soon.

Think mode of dismissal & remember it's unique :)