• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
This is my last attempt before I hit the books again.

Most expensive bowling analysis in an innings (in terms of runs per wicket)

I dont understand what happened there !! :D :D Suddenly my post appears to have quadrupled itself !!

Please Somebody delete those three posts above this !! :wacko: :( :(

Last edited:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Most runs conceded in a series perhaps ? I have a feeling that they are the only ones to concede 1000 runs in a series ?

Am off to check it :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
This is my last attempt before I hit the books again.

Most expensive bowling analysis in an innings (in terms of runs per wickets)
OK. Just to allow you to go to your boks with no distraction I will give it to you. :D

Its a combination of similar records. Both have been the most expensive bowlers ion first class cricket but one in an innings and the other in a match !

Mailey : The most runs conceded in a first class innings in Australia when he gave away 362 runs in 64 8 ball overs in Victoria's record 1107 runs in December 1926.

Grimmett : The most runs conceded in a first class match in Australia when he was taken for 394 (192 and 202) in the two innings of South Auystralia's match against NSW in Jan 1926. The match saw an Australian match record aggregate of 1926 runs scored.

Actually Grimmett's match record puts in perspective Mailey's amazing innings record which is only two runs shy of it !!

All the best for whatever exam you are studying for. :D

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Grimmett went for 1024 in 1928/9. Mailey's worst is 999 in 1924/5.

Are those the top 2 in the list ?
BTW, these are amazing figures. What do you think this kind of hammering these guys sem to get say about the batting or the bowling ?? :p

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
>> Grimmett : The most runs conceded in a first class match when he was taken for 394 (192 and 202) in the two innings of South Auystralia's match against NSW in Jan 1926. The match saw an Australian match record aggregate of 1926 runs scored.

No SJS. The record is 428 by CS Nayudu ( 6-153 and 5-275) in http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/f/16/f16721.html

In this match Nayudu bowled 917 balls which also broke the record of 848 by Grimmett in the other match

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
>> Grimmett : The most runs conceded in a first class match when he was taken for 394 (192 and 202) in the two innings of South Auystralia's match against NSW in Jan 1926. The match saw an Australian match record aggregate of 1926 runs scored.

No SJS. The record is 428 by CS Nayudu ( 6-153 and 5-275) in http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/f/16/f16721.html

In this match Nayudu bowled 917 balls which also broke the record of 848 by Grimmett in the other match
Thanks for the correction. I should have added in Australia.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
And I goot carried away when halfway through this session, I mentioned they both had world records. Only Mailey's is a world record. :mellow:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Looked up Grimmett's fc stats. In the innings prior to the 192, he had conceded another 192 :D
Tapioca. Since Jason has gone off, would you like to ask the next question ?

biased indian

International Coach
you should hold the record for altering and adding this to a question!!!! :)

look what u originally asked and what u ended up with

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Sorry. One hour, due to different problems, turned out to be more than a day :(

Which player who played most of his cricket in the 1990s, was nicknamed 'Taiwan' ?

Hints or SJS format, if needed ...

bryce

International Regular
Mushtaq Ahmed, i've heard it somewhere, it's something like the forgotten Waugh thing with the Waugh brothers.