• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

brilliant idea

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
Depends on what you call not too bad.

If your definition of "not too bad" is Australian, then you are undoubtedly correct.

Either way, that "attack" wouldn't be the best in the world.
Which attack would be better though...

Perhaps Gillespie and Kasprowicz should have been split up.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
nah those combo's work nicley, Kaspa and Tait with the new ball backed by Warne and Dizzy or McGrath and Lee backed by Macgill and Bichel both solid combo's

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
nah those combo's work nicley, Kaspa and Tait with the new ball backed by Warne and Dizzy or McGrath and Lee backed by Macgill and Bichel both solid combo's
Nah i would change it a little bit:

McGrath
Tait
Kasprawicz
MacGill

and

Gillespie
Lee
Bichel
Warne

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Bichel, Lee, McGrath, MacGill and Watson - don't make me laugh.
Who is better? England have the second best attack in the world today, and they don't match up. Flintoff is better than Watson and Jones is probably better than Bichel, but McGrath and Lee more than match up against Hoggard and Harmison, and Macgill is better than Giles.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
Marcus Bai, ex-NRL player, actually has opened the bowling for PNG!
I just made up a PNG name... I know a lot of guys up there are called Joseph, and Marcus Bai's surname was the only one (or Lam) I could think of.

:D

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Who is better? England have the second best attack in the world today, and they don't match up. Flintoff is better than Watson and Jones is probably better than Bichel, but McGrath and Lee more than match up against Hoggard and Harmison, and Macgill is better than Giles.
So long as we're staying in the realms of Test cricket, then McGrath > Harmison > Hoggard > Lee, which makes it 1-1.

Jones v Bichel, 2-1 England - as you said - Flintoff v Watson is 3-1, and even if you give the last place to MacGill, it's 3-2 England.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:
the presence of McGrath or Warne in any attack automatically make it better.
If Australia could engineer it that those two were bowling unchanged, it would be a phenomenal attack, and back-up bowlers would be almost unnecessary. Fortunately for those with a sense of humour, someone's already mentioned Lee, Watson etc

<quack> Brad Cheaty-Hodge?

Hush, DD. We're talking about cricketers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Nah i would change it a little bit:

McGrath
Tait
Kasprawicz
MacGill

and

Gillespie
Lee
Bichel
Warne
Problem with those is the batting IMO.

Your second team there has all the best tailenders....

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
Problem with those is the batting IMO.

Your second team there has all the best tailenders....
Swap Tait with Lee then:

B Lee
M Kasprawicz
G McGrath
S MacGill

and

A Bichel
S Warne
J Gillespie
S Tait

Team 1 batting is slight weak but their bowling is strongeR

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
I think swapping Bichel with Tait would make more sence....
That another option but the way i looked at it was the role each bowler plays in the side, for example:
No 1 quick: McGarth/Gillespie
2nd Opener (super quick): Lee/Tait
1st Change Bowler: Bichel/Kaspra
Spin Bowler: MacGill/Warne

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What about...

B Lee
MS Kasprowicz
GD McGrath
SCG MacGill

AJ Bichel
JN Gillespie
SK Warne
SW Tait

Its weird that we have both had this lienup before, but argued when the other had it!

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
age_master said:
your saying Hampshire would be better without Warne? lol
Yes, of course that's what I'm saying... muppet.

You said the presence of Warne made any attack better than England's. Hampshire are not better than England.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Of the 10 mentioned there, McGrath is head an shoulders above any of the others mentioned, but Flintoff, Harmison and Hoggard are all better than Lee or Bichel, and without the control provided by bowling alongside 3 very good seamers, MacGill won't be anywhere near as useful.