• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bevan = Hussey????

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
well Symo is one of many good batsmen who have suffered form being australian, since looking at the batsman he is these days i would say he could make a decent test batsman.

Hussey on the other hand has scored prolifically as an opener in state cricket & over here for years and is definately the next opener behind Langer & Hayden.
That's not a given. If one of the openers is dropped or injured, I think Katich will open and Hoge to the middle order, which could then give us another 'Langer' situation. Although with it being in England and Hussey in England he may well be called up, you just don't know until the situation acutally happens.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
That's not a given. If one of the openers is dropped or injured, I think Katich will open and Hoge to the middle order, which could then give us another 'Langer' situation. Although with it being in England and Hussey in England he may well be called up, you just don't know until the situation acutally happens.
well thats true we certainly dont know what can happen, but that Langer situation doesn't happen and i would like to see Hussey opening the batting eventually.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hussey certainly deserves a chance, although england would probably rather see katich in that role for their own sake.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
With clarkes poor form i certianly think Hussey deserves a chance although i do think Katich is an effective player even if not the most pleasing too watch.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
kendall said:
With clarkes poor form i certianly think Hussey deserves a chance although i do think Katich is an effective player even if not the most pleasing too watch.

That sums it up pretty well. A very, very talented batsman, however one of the most ugly stylish batsman at the crease ever.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
absolute madness mate, what has made Huseey not test class forget about healy said last June, look at Hussey now u cant tell me he wont be successfull in test cricket.
You can't say he will be a success though.

He's completely unproven.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Sorry, but Bevan's Test record is 785 runs @ 29.07 - how does he belong in Test Cricket with that record?

And Hussey hasn't even played one, so you can't say he belongs in Test Cricket either, there's simply no evidence available.
In the same way Vaughan's ODI ave of 28 and strike rate of 67 per 100 balls suggests he doesn't belong in ODI's??

Monty

U19 Cricketer
vaughan dosent belong in odis pieterson for captain. bring back jim troughton for vaughan

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'd be inclined to put Hussey in the team. Hes in form, hes consistent and most of all he knows the pitches in england and has scored many runs there in county cricket. He could play a very important part in the team. He's also a great fielder, has good shot selection and temperment, he can also captain like he does in WA, and in his county side. So he could help ponting out if needed with a few suggestions.

At this point i'd probably drop Clarke who is struggling for any form.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Has Katich played County Cricket before, and if so, how was he performed? Especially in comparison to the other members of the Aus middle order, plus Hodge and Hussey. I'd just like to know.

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Sorry, but Bevan's Test record is 785 runs @ 29.07 - how does he belong in Test Cricket with that record?
same way ramprakash did :p
but seriously, bevan didnt get anywhere near the number of opportunities over a very long period of time that ramprakash got. he obviously had a weakness when he first came in but i find it hard to believe that no one in FC cricket was capable enough of exposing it for so many years.
and lets not forget that his FC average of 58 is a lot better than both hick and ramprakash.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Entrael said:
He's also a great fielder, has good shot selection and temperment, he can also captain like he does in WA, and in his county side. So he could help ponting out if needed with a few suggestions.

At this point i'd probably drop Clarke who is struggling for any form.

That was seen in last nights match.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I was surprised when Hodge was teh reserve batsman ahead of Hussey. Hussey can play anywhere in the order. They will have to make Katich open if Langer or Hayden fails or is injured. Not the best option. The normal test 6 deserves to start the series. Hussey will still be in England if required.

I agree with an earlier poster that Jaques could be the one they grab next Oz season if a new opener is required.

I also think it's a bit early to suggest that Hussey is the new Bevan. he has started his ODI career well but let's give him another couple of years to see how he goes.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
zinzan12 said:
In the same way Vaughan's ODI ave of 28 and strike rate of 67 per 100 balls suggests he doesn't belong in ODI's??
His captaincy adds value - and I still believe he's getting better - averaging 34.5 in 2005

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tooextracool said:
but seriously, bevan didnt get anywhere near the number of opportunities over a very long period of time that ramprakash got.
Ramprakash benefitted from there not being any decent competition for the spot, must be the only explanation for him playing so many Tests.