• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bevan = Hussey????

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Hussey doesn't open all the time for WA, so he is useful in the middle order.

Should be ahead of Hodge for a spot IMO.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
SirBloody Idiot said:
Hussey doesn't open all the time for WA, so he is useful in the middle order.

Should be ahead of Hodge for a spot IMO.
As much as i like Hodge, I'd have to agree there, Hussey has proved himself against England in the ODI's and if it wasn't for Symonds playing like a madman, he would have won Man Of The Series IMO. I think he's turned himself more into a middle order batsman now, atleast in OD's be interesting to see if he gets a shot in the tests.

If it was a dead rubber, would u give guys like Hussey, Hodge, Tait and co a go in the tests? IMO they'd want to as a few players will be retiring soon and they would want to work the new guys in gradually.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Is North any good? he's playing for Lancs after Hodge leaves.

I've seen some crazy Aussies on other forums asking for this side for the Ashes

Langer
Hussey
Ponting
Martyn
Katich
Symonds
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Tait
McGrath

King_Ponting

International Regular
symonds are u f*cking serious? i dont think so......... Hussey would be much better in the middle order and no hayden? WTF?. A team like this would look better.

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Clarke
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Tait/ Gillespie (depending on if he gets belted again)
McGrath

King_Ponting

International Regular
SirBloody Idiot said:
North opens at stages, right?

I think you'll find that north opens when hussey isnt in the first class team, and north opens in one day matches with rodgers.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:

Langer
Hussey
Ponting
Martyn
Katich
Symonds
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Tait
McGrath
yes they are cleary crazy :sleep:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:

Langer
Hussey
Ponting
Martyn
Katich
Symonds
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Tait
McGrath
I sincerely hope so... just add MacGill and Elliott and it's 5-0 England! :D

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
MacGill isn't that bad.

He is just as good, if not better then Giles.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Having seen that team i would still think Australia is the better team. And the resulting scorline would mostlikely be 3 to 2 Aus way

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Right now, if you were desperate to get Hussey in, I'd have him in over Hayden every time. Katich has done nil wrong.

howardj

International Coach
Hussey shouldn't be in the Test side - simply not Test class. His record in FC cricket for WA is very patchy. As Ian Healy eluded to back in June, there's no doubt that if Hayden fails in this Ashes series, he will get dropped for the following Australian summer. If that were to transpire, Hussey wouldn't be his replacement though - Phil Jacques would be.