• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from the Subiaco

Fremantle 28.12 - 180
Defeated
Collingwood 10.8 - 68

Goals FD: Pavlich 6, Headland, McPharlin 5, Medhurst 3, Bell, Carr, Siegert 2
Singles to Farmer, Black, Webster

Goals CM: Lockyer, Rowe, Tarrant 2, Caracella, Didak, O'Bree, R. Shaw 1

Total Score FD: 9.2 15.5 22.8 28.12 (180)
Total Score CM: 0.3 4.6 7.8 10.8 (68)

BoG was Peter Bell from Fremantle Dockers

cameeel

International Captain
Round 7 Round Up

Melbourne 78 def Adelaide 54
Richmond 151 def Carlton 66
Geelong 119 def St. Kilda 101
Bulldogs 110 def Lions 87
Sydney 94 def Essendon 88
West Coast 96 def Hawks 77
Port Adelaide 119 def Kangaroos 72
Fremantle 180 def Collingwood 68

cameeel

International Captain
Ladder after Round 7

West Coast Eagles 7-0
Melbourne Demons 5-2
Geelong Cats 5-2
Richmond Tigers 5-2
North Melbourne 5-2
Fremantle Dockers 4-3
St. Kilda Saints 4-3
Adelaide Crows 4-3
Western Bulldogs 3-4
Sydney Swans 3-4
Pt Adelaide 2-1-4
Carlton Blues 2-1-4
Brisbane Lions 2-5
Essendon Bomb. 2-5
Hawthorn Hawks 1-6
Cwood Magpies 1-6

Last edited:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Cameeel, can you stop writing "the Subiaco"? Lol, maybe its petty, but its frustrating...

cameeel

International Captain
The freo vs collingwood game was also the highest ever score for freo
and their best winning margin against any team, eclipsing their defeat of essendon by 97 points a couple of years ago

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
Geelong will get beaten. They're not playing a good enough brand of football at the moment to knock over anyone in form. They're still not playing that differently to the abhorrent display they put on vs Melbourne.
Granted St Kilda had injuries, but my gut feeling was correct. Geelong win.

Some more money in the bank. :)

And Tigers fourth on the ladder. WOOO! Richo, Brown, Gaspar and Coughlan all on fire. We should be able to beet Collingwood next week, which would put us 6-2. Half way there!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
First of all, I know that St. Kilda was really hurt today by missing players, and the injuries that were sustained during the match. However...

I thought today was a perfect example of how St. Kilda are awesome at being out in front and showing the way, but once things turn against them they struggle at turning the tide. And today, the problem wasn't their gun midfielders being tired and fatigued from a lack of rotation - Ball had 14 touches in the last quarter, Dal Santo was awesome all day. It was the lack of application and poor decision making by a number of players *cough* Clarke brothers *cough* but seriously, more than them too, which displayed that under pressure, their game does tend to go to water.
I agree with everything you said just there. That's why my gut feeling was Geelong would roll them. By the way, Milne was just as bad as the Clarke's.

cameeel

International Captain
The big Friday night match on tonight, Carlton vs Geelong
Will the blues bounce back yet again, or will the Cats be too good for them
Denis Pagan labelled his players 'schoolgirls' after last weeks dismal performance against the resurgent tigers, and mark thompson was less than impressed with his teams efforts against st kilda in round 7, for carlton this is a chance to save their season, and for geelong a chance to ensure they remain in the top 4 of the ladder

Who will win?

Buddhmaster

International Captain
cameeel said:
The big Friday night match on tonight, Carlton vs Geelong
Will the blues bounce back yet again, or will the Cats be too good for them
Denis Pagan labelled his players 'schoolgirls' after last weeks dismal performance against the resurgent tigers, and mark thompson was less than impressed with his teams efforts against st kilda in round 7, for carlton this is a chance to save their season, and for geelong a chance to ensure they remain in the top 4 of the ladder

Who will win?
I'm tipping Geelong, and i'm quite disapointed that I won't get to see them play. But what's better after work then having some fun with mates...........and girls :-O

Status
Not open for further replies.