• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I sense some hostility! "i got nothin against that scum bag" is what I read!

Lol nah. So were you actually friends with Deledio? Or just played against him?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robertinho said:
I sense some hostility! "i got nothin against that scum bag" is what I read!

Lol nah. So were you actually friends with Deledio? Or just played against him?
:laugh:

umm well ive played against him once, in a practice match, but mostly just talked to him cause i know a fair few blokes from the Murray Bushrangers, just sort of met him through that... i wouldnt say he's one of my closest mates though,lol

Sheetz annoyed me because he got half our batters out all the time....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In this month's Observer Sport Monthly there is a list of The Ten Boldest Political Gestures (in sport). Click here for full list:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,6903,1428657,00.html

@ #4 is Bobby Despotovski who, it claims, enraged fans of the Melbourne Knights in 2001 by copying the 3-finger salute Serb soldiers gave during the Yugoslav civil war.

I'm a total dunce regarding AFL so I just wondered did it get much publicity in Oz & is Despotovski a tw@t generally or was this a one-off?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
In this month's Observer Sport Monthly there is a list of The Ten Boldest Political Gestures (in sport). Click here for full list:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,6903,1428657,00.html

@ #4 is Bobby Despotovski who, it claims, enraged fans of the Melbourne Knights in 2001 by copying the 3-finger salute Serb soldiers gave during the Yugoslav civil war.

I'm a total dunce regarding AFL so I just wondered did it get much publicity in Oz & is Despotovski a tw@t generally or was this a one-off?
Bobby Despotovski is not actually an "aussie rules" player, as claimed in the article, but a soccer player. Both the Perth Glory and Melbourne Knights were teams in the (recently disbanded) National Soccer League. Anyway, I don't know much about him on a personal level so I can't really answer your question, but I do remember the issue making the news and I think he had to issue a public apology over it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:
Bobby Despotovski is not actually an "aussie rules" player, as claimed in the article, but a soccer player. Both the Perth Glory and Melbourne Knights were teams in the (recently disbanded) National Soccer League. Anyway, I don't know much about him on a personal level so I can't really answer your question, but I do remember the issue making the news and I think he had to issue a public apology over it.
Ah, cheers. I feel a letter to the editor coming on! That's pretty shoddy research.

The Serbs & Croats were at it again the other week too, IIRC. Bit of a riot @ an Association football game over there. Pretty bad form when Balkan rivalries are carried thru to the second & third generations.

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
Lol, we'll win now thanks age.
If Goodes decides to pull his finger out, yous are half a chance.... lol, he had a shocker last year after his brownlow, it'll be interesting how Chris Judd goes this year after his brownlow.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
If Goodes decides to pull his finger out, yous are half a chance.... lol, he had a shocker last year after his brownlow, it'll be interesting how Chris Judd goes this year after his brownlow.
I'm guessing he'll go alright.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
In regards to the Swans, Paul Roos is my all time favourite coach (after JW of course). He's a legend with a whistle around his neck.

benchmark00

Go Roos! Played really well, backline killed the blues'!... I liked the look of our skills too, Daniel Wells you gun...

Hoggy31

International Captain
GO ROOS!!! Well played fellas, thought Grant and Sinclair played well. Leigh Brown held Fevola most of the game and i was impressed also with Daniel Pratt.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The Crows were great today. A bit unlucky to lose at the end IMO, but that should at least put to bed thoughts of them being in wooden spoon contention.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I thought Richmond were going to put up a good showing after the early stages of the Cats match, but they were eventually completely outplayed. Deladio looked good at first, but faded, as did most of their team. Ottens, Mackie and Ablett played good up forward, and Enright, Ling and Bartell in the middle. Good signs for the cats.

benchmark00

Yeah i didnt see the game myself, but from all reports they must be goin' alright if they came that close to the Eagles, which in my opinion (totally opposite to Buddh's, lol) will be top four contenders. How did Andy McCleod play?

Status
Not open for further replies.