• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
How did Andy McCleod play?
Pretty poor. He was well held all day and rarely got near the ball. Ricciuto didn't have a huge one either, which is why it's so impressive that Adelaide led for the entire match until the last five minutes. Neil Craig has put a whole new gameplan into effect which involves heavy flooding and a running midfield. It worked very well early on and then the eagles managed to counter it over time and scoring became very rare. Perrie had a good game at CHF with 8 marks or so, and Edwards and Burton were great in the midfield. Most of the stars on both sides failed due to the restrictive gameplay and heavy tagging. Judd barely touched the ball either.

McLeod did have a decent defensive game though. He kept Stenglein from touching the ball much, and had 8 tackles.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Pretty poor. He was well held all day and rarely got near the ball. Ricciuto didn't have a huge one either, which is why it's so impressive that Adelaide led for the entire match until the last five minutes. Neil Craig has put a whole new gameplan into effect which involves heavy flooding and a running midfield. It worked very well early on and then the eagles managed to counter it over time and scoring became very rare. Perrie had a good game at CHF with 8 marks or so, and Edwards and Burton were great in the midfield. Most of the stars on both sides failed due to the restrictive gameplay and heavy tagging. Judd barely touched the ball either.
Hmmm Interesting.

This isnt looking good for my fantasy footy team, my whole team is based around Judd and Riewoldt...... i spent up big on just them.. haha that hurts...

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Guys, i've got a confession to make. Since the footy's been back, i haven't been able to get into a cricket match :-O

I got 1342 in Dream Team, not a good start.

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
Guys, i've got a confession to make. Since the footy's been back, i haven't been able to get into a cricket match :-O

I got 1342 in Dream Team, not a good start.

Oh yeah, thats simply terrible.... 8-)

:laugh:

Lets not get into it...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
thats the biggest ****ing pile of **** ive ever had the "pleasure" of watching. the sydney swans, who ive supported since bloody `96, have a made a **** up of their game against main rival Kangaroos.

they handballed at the most stupid of times anf the kicking! how ****ing inaccurate! it ends up being a 23-point win to the Roos... ****ing disgraceful.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i echo ur thoughts precisely nnanden. the swans are quickly becoming the most frustrating team to support. They should've killed the kanga's twice in that game, when they had the run of play in the second quarter and were up by 15 and again in the 3rd when they were up by 17. Barry Hall played woefully, Kenelly did nothing, the only defenders who stood up were ablett and bolton, the rest of the team if you ever read CW hang your heads in shame.

benchmark00

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

C'MON ROOS!!!!

Great stuff boys... the better team won! lol

hahaha ahhhh that was great!!

Go roos!!!!!

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Don't worry Swans fan. It was a stupid game, played in a stupid place against a stupid team. We were just building up for a huge win next time we meet.

Just don't be so harsh on all the players. It was one bad game, no need to dump on everyone.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Carn the Blues, awesome fight back there. I tipped Sydney, so their loss comes as a huge shock to me... :mad:

Go POWER! :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I got all the picks so far this week. What a win for the Blues. That was amazing!

Now if the Richmond can beat Hawthorn in the match of the losers. :happy:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Jono said:
I got all the picks so far this week. What a win for the Blues. That was amazing!

Now if the Richmond can beat Hawthorn in the match of the losers. :happy:
Which I think they will do quite comfortably.

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
Don't worry Swans fan. It was a stupid game, played in a stupid place against a stupid team. We were just building up for a huge win next time we meet.

Just don't be so harsh on all the players. It was one bad game, no need to dump on everyone.

Now now dont be a sore loser, its not our fault that Sydney has a population of 3 million and they still put 22 losers out on the field every weekend :laugh:

Go Roos!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
For the record... how CRAP is Manuka Oval? It holds a mere 15 000, and the field is about 15-20m too short in length.

benchmark00

Nnanden said:
For the record... how CRAP is Manuka Oval? It holds a mere 15 000, and the field is about 15-20m too short in length.
Ive never been there personally, just driven past it, but i heard it was bigger than the SCG?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
benchmark00 said:
Ive never been there personally, just driven past it, but i heard it was bigger than the SCG?
haha it might be... but Im in a crap mood - so it sucks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.