• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Things are looking good for Carlton right now. Lance and Fev are on fire, Stevens is controlling the middle, and Waite is starting to show his promise.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buddhmaster said:
Things are looking good for Carlton right now. Lance and Fev are on fire, Stevens is controlling the middle, and Waite is starting to show his promise.
I hear that. Lance belted em today, and with Pagan as the coach, he could really get Fevola and Whitnall firing, its just another Carey-Longmire scenario. I'm thinking a finals berth this yeah, what do you reckon Buddhmaster?

Buddhmaster

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
I hear that. Lance belted em today, and with Pagan as the coach, he could really get Fevola and Whitnall firing, its just another Carey-Longmire scenario. I'm thinking a finals berth this yeah, what do you reckon Buddhmaster?
Yeh, if not a finals appearance, at least a 9th, 10th placing with 11 or 12 wins.

benchmark00

Lets pretend tonights Wizard cup game didn't happen ;)...

But i'll tell you something, Melbourne played St Kilda in Lavington (my home town) tonight, was a great match (even though the Saints had a 3rd string line up, and Melbourne were close to a full line up, apart from Neitz)... Demons ended up winning by 10, but the saints lead for the most part... scores were level most of the way through the last quarter also... Yze (pronounced oo-zay for those foreigners;)) hurt his collar bone and went to hospital in Albury could miss round one!, something like the first game he's missed in 182 games... fair effort... Aaron Davey kicked one of the best goals i've seen, right on the boundary, was brilliant!

As far as im concerned, that was only game played tonight.... :D

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Yep, not good for Roos supporters, and even worse for Eagle haters.

If Yze misses a game, would that make Crouch the player to have played the most games without a miss? Of Current players.

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
Yep, not good for Roos supporters, and even worse for Eagle haters.

If Yze misses a game, would that make Crouch the player to have played the most games without a miss? Of Current players.
Yep, i'd say so, he hasnt missed a game since his debut has he? how good would it be if he went through his whole career without missing a game :laugh:... i seriously dont see that happening though...

Roos looked terrible tonight!!!! No forward structure at all, only kicked 5 goals for the night... I was hoping Thommo would be our saviour (still do hope) with him and Sav up forward... And Petrie... what was with him!!! Roos make me very dissapointed at times,lol

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
Yze back in.

I hope the Blues smash the Eagles, and I think they can.
Yeah i reckon they will... Especially since it's in Melbourne. Should be interesting how the both teams go come the proper stuff.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ever since the 90s ended, West Coast have tended to suck whenever they travel (bar certain instances of course, which are a rarity) so I expect Carlton to win.

Its amazing how good a team West Coast could be if they could win even 50% of their away games.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Both finalists look pretty good to me, but West Coast have better players coming in. Im a WC follower, so Im tipping them :)

I dont even know if Worsfold wants to play a full strength team. Over here the Wizard Cup is played down a bit, due to the fact that our teams dont seem to place it high on the priority list. This year appears to be different for WC.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't think any team places it in high priority, especially those that made it to the finals last year. Evident through Collingwood not playing Buckley (I believe, they may have), Essendon not playing Hird or Lloyd in the first round, WC not playing Judd against the Roos etc.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Need to bring this thread back. Just 1 week to go, and here's my season tips:

Ladder:
Sydney-I know we can do it.
Saints-Very strong list. Will take a lot for Swans to overcome them.
Port-Still got a great team, especially with Francou and Primus back.
Lions-Don't count them out, we all know what they can do.
Geelong-Bartel will follow in Ling's footsteps and become a star.
Melbourne-Same with Davey, what a gun. Should make the 8.
Carlton-Good signs, but probably not quite there.
Fremantle-Carr, Schofield and Black should help to just get in the 8.
West Coast-Hugely overrated for mine. Need a better key forward
Tigers-Tambling and Deladio are great youngsters, but will still struggle.
Roos-Unfortunetly, just not enough to trouble most teams.
Bombers-If Lloyd and Hird can keep fit(when Lloyds back), they might finish higher.
Crows-Rebuilding time. McLeod for Brownlow? Every year he's a top 5 bet.
Bulldogs-Could upset a few teams, but that's all.
Hawks-Rebuilding here aswell. Hopefully Everitt can play just as good.
Collingwood-Wooden spooners. Don't have alot in their team at all in my opinion.

Premier:
Sydney Swans

Runners-up:
Saint Kilda Saints

Brownlow:
Nick Riewoldt

Coleman:
Brendan Fevola

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
Need to bring this thread back. Just 1 week to go, and here's my season tips:

Ladder:
Sydney-I know we can do it.
Saints-Very strong list. Will take a lot for Swans to overcome them.
Port-Still got a great team, especially with Francou and Primus back.
Lions-Don't count them out, we all know what they can do.
Geelong-Bartel will follow in Ling's footsteps and become a star.
Melbourne-Same with Davey, what a gun. Should make the 8.
Carlton-Good signs, but probably not quite there.
Fremantle-Carr, Schofield and Black should help to just get in the 8.
West Coast-Hugely overrated for mine. Need a better key forward
Tigers-Tambling and Deladio are great youngsters, but will still struggle.
Roos-Unfortunetly, just not enough to trouble most teams.
Bombers-If Lloyd and Hird can keep fit(when Lloyds back), they might finish higher.
Crows-Rebuilding time. McLeod for Brownlow? Every year he's a top 5 bet.
Bulldogs-Could upset a few teams, but that's all.
Hawks-Rebuilding here aswell. Hopefully Everitt can play just as good.
Collingwood-Wooden spooners. Don't have alot in their team at all in my opinion.

Premier:
Sydney Swans

Runners-up:
Saint Kilda Saints

Brownlow:
Nick Riewoldt

Coleman:
Brendan Fevola
Some wise words there... except the swans!! no way! :laugh:.....

Heres mine:

Saints - Simply awesome, should do it this year
Port - Shouldve won more premierships, now i think there time is over... reminds me of Essenden a few years ago
West Coast - Excellent midfield, but like Buddh says, need a key positioner, but i think Matera will go alright crumbing off big lynch
Geelong - Good list, might just sneak in the 4, but not a premiership contender as such
Brisbane - On their way out, but still good enough for the 8
Sydney - They are a good team, just manage to lose easy games
Melbourne - pretty lucky last year to finish as high as they did... i think this seems realistic for them this year.
Carlton - Just sneaking into the 8 this year, could do big things, Pagan will have 'em firing.
Fremantle - Talented list, Pavlich a big contender for the brownlow
Adelaide - Dangerous, but not dangerous enough
Essendon - They still have some awesome top liners, but the rest let them down
Collingwood - They have a good enough list to get to here, but thats about it
Roos - Unfortunately... :mellow:
Richmond - Cant see them finishing higher this year... maybe next
Bulldogs - hmmm on their way up i suppose
Hawthorne - One more year near the bottom unfortunately for the hawkes.

Premiership - St Kilda

Runner-Up - Port Power

Brownlow - Nick Riewoldt..... but keep an eye out for Nick Dal-Santo;)

Coleman - Matthew Lloyd (doesnt look like he'll miss too many games with his broken arm)

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Eagles definetly won't make top 4. They have a great midfield, though I don't really rate any besides Judd, but everything else is shocking. Glass is good, but he isn't going to stop the Hall's, Gehrig's and Lloyds. And Staker, why is he evn in the team? Phil needs players that atleast provide a contest and bring the ball down to him if they don't mark. Lynch just completely misses the ball, or gets outmarked.

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
Eagles definetly won't make top 4. They have a great midfield, though I don't really rate any besides Judd, but everything else is shocking. Glass is good, but he isn't going to stop the Hall's, Gehrig's and Lloyds. And Staker, why is he evn in the team? Phil needs players that atleast provide a contest and bring the ball down to him if they don't mark. Lynch just completely misses the ball, or gets outmarked.
haha not a fan of the eagles are you?

They play enough games in Perth to get into the finals, and combined with the weak level of temas in Melbourne these days, i think they'll get a few wins in Victoria... i dunno, its just the way i see it.... you would hear and know WAY more about them over there in WA, so i guess i just have an outsiders point of view.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Ladder:
1. St Kilda
2. Port Adelaide
3. Geelong
4. Brisbane
5. Kangaroos - :D
6. West Coast
7. Fremantle
8. Sydney
-----------