• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Buddhmaster said:
Eagles definetly won't make top 4. They have a great midfield, though I don't really rate any besides Judd, but everything else is shocking. Glass is good, but he isn't going to stop the Hall's, Gehrig's and Lloyds. And Staker, why is he evn in the team? Phil needs players that atleast provide a contest and bring the ball down to him if they don't mark. Lynch just completely misses the ball, or gets outmarked.
Their midfeild was spectacular last year, and add to that Michael Gardiner, and I expect nothing less.
I agree with you about Glass, I dont think hes anything to write home about most of the time, but Banfield and Wirra make up for that.
Matera kicks enough goals for us, hes shown that over the past couple of seaons. However, when he got tied down in the past, WC didnt have anyone to take over. This year, if Lynch is given the chance (and doesnt clobber someone in the process, hes an angry, angry man) he can do that. Ash Hanson is a fantastic marker (kicking leaves a bit to be desired), and Andy McDougall (when fit) will also play a big role.

I can see you really hate WC, but thats ok. :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i've avoided this thread long enough. i'm a geelong supporter, and we're going to go backwards this year. i have to face the truth eventually.

i want to see matthew pavlich play well up forward this year, mcleod dominate, and luke ball continue his rise. and i think brent moloney will have a really good year at melbourne, while ottens does sweet f.a.

and i'll declare now that teams i severely dislike are collingwood and port adelaide. bias declared.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm. Í'm an Adelaide fan. Not much going on for us this year I don't think, we'd be lucky to make the top 8. Still, there were some promising signs at the end of last year and we have some decent kids coming through.

We'll see. ;)

Linda

Poor Riewolt. That was heartbreaking last night.

Meanwhile, Im livid... all last night I mistakingly thought I'd tipped Brisbane to win by 23 points (I did it like a week and a half back), and by the end thought I was in fact a genius.
This morning I discover I'd actually tipped the Saints by 23. Life sucks.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it was! His parents were there for his first game as captain. The first incident (with Martin Pike) I think was acceptable - just part of the game - but the 2nd incident, after he went for the diving mark and Scott and Micheal smacked into him when he was with the trainer - absolutely disgusting, I think they should be taken to the tribunal, if only on the grounds for being arrogant ******s.

I'm beginning to dislike the Lions whole attitude - Akermanis and his flippant remarks every week, Lynch and Jonathan Brown in the grand final, and then the Micheal/Scott incident. The arrogance - the belief that they are the best - it's really irritating (I'm originally from Brisbane. Whilst I am a true blue Carlton supporter, Brisbane are usually my second favoured team.)

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah terrible news about NR, i wasnt home so i didnt see it, but ive heard it was terrible!... he'd be one of my favourite players in the league, really dissapointing, hope he's not out for long... i hate the lions winning all the time, i tipped the saints, dunno what went wrong...

Buddhmaster

International Captain
All week I had been saying I thought the Lions would win quite comfortably, which they ended up doing, but no-one agreeded.

IMO, The incident that originally hurt Riewoldt, with Charman, was the worse. You can't just smash into a player after the marking contest is over. Plus he had eyes only for Nick. The second incident, wasn't that bad actually. Softening up a player who's been hurt happens quite often.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
If anyone hasn't done a Ladder and award winners post, do so now. We will see who did the best at the end of the season.

Linda

I will, I did one a while back but it didnt work, so I flaked and didnt bother.

Port
Geelong
Brisbane
Saints
West Coast
Sydney
Melbourne
Fremantle

Carlton
Richmond
Kangaroos
Collingwood
Bombers
Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn

Premiers: Port
Runners Up: Saints
Brownlow: Who knows, but I'll go Nathan Brown (Tigers')
Coleman: Fevola

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
port
st. kilda
west coast
brisbane
geelong
melbourne
sydney
essendon

fremantle
western bulldogs
carlton
kangaroos
adelaide
richmond
collingwood
hawthorn

BROWNLOW
Luke Ball

COLEMAN
Matthew Lloyd

RISING STAR
Brett Deledio

PREMIER
Port Adelaide

RUNNER-UP
Brisbane

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i don't really think deledio will win it, but i'm just saying it coz i know him. :D
hope the nickname "d*ldo" has stuck at the tiges.

benchmark00

vic_orthdox said:
i don't really think deledio will win it, but i'm just saying it coz i know him. :D
hope the nickname "d*ldo" has stuck at the tiges.
haha yeah i know him too, through the Muray Bushrangers...

benchmark00

Robertinho said:
Benchmark, who don't you know? Scheetz, Deledio... :-O
ahahaha...

Yeah i reckon Deledio is a bit of a tool, good player ofcourse, just a bit on the arrogant side... What you reckon?

Status
Not open for further replies.