• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I got a shockingly shocking 3/8! ARGH

Meanwhile, what a senfreakingsational game at Subi. 16 seperate goalkickers? I cant believe this team.. everyone was so good. What a glorious, glorious flogging of the highest order.

I share your pain though Jono. My dad was a Richmond supporter before West Coast came along in 87, so I tend to follow them too... Painful.

Also agreed on Freo. Our two teams get alot of media attention as you can imagine, and its quite hilarious watching the headlines go up and down with Freo's form..

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I watched the second half of West Coast's thrashing of Port, and it was simply awesome. It's hard to see anybody beating them when they play like that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow. What a smashing. Its amazing, simply amazing how far Port and Brisbane, the two most dominant teams of the past 3 years, have fallen. West Coast just mauled them. Cousins is in spectacular form, hell their whole team is basically. They definitely bounced back after their loss to Collingwood.

Nothing much to say regarding the Adelaide v Carlton game. It just reassures me that Adelaide most likely won't win the premiership this year with that forward line, but will be a threat to all teams every week with their midfield and backline. They didn't play extremely well this round, but got the job done in the end. McLeod was well beaten today. Not good for my Dream Team :( Granted I only purchased him 2 weeks ago for $220,000 but he has to do better than 40-50 points :(

I did so badly in tipping this week. 3/8. Only ones I got right were St Kilda, Adelaide and West Coast. My dream team looks like its going to have a shocker this round, but I have a crappy opponent so I'll scrape through unharmed ready for next week without my team's captain, Nathan Brown. :(

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from Subiaco Oval

West Coast: 27.17 - 179
Defeated
Pt Adelaide: 9.8 - 62

Goals WC: Lynch 4, Sampi 3, Kerr 3, Nicoski 2, LeCras 2, Braun 2, Embley 2, Gardiner, Jones, Hunter, Banfield, Fletcher, Seaby, Chick, Hansen, Judd

Goals PA: K Cornes 2, Tredrea, Lade, Cassisi, Montgomery, Kingsley, Primus, White

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from AAMI Stadium

Adelaide: 9.17 - 71
Defeated
Carlton: 8.9 - 57

Goals AC: Bock 2, Welsh 2, Shirley, Hart, Edwards, Reilly, McGregor

Goals CB: Fevola 4, Whitnall, Koutoufides, Stevens, Lappin

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from the Telstra Dome

Essendon: 21.11 - 137
Defeated
Bulldogs: 17.8 - 110

Goals EB: McPhee 3, Lloyd 3, Hird 3, Lucas 2, Murphy 2, Bradley 2, M.Johnson, Welsh, J. Johnson, Lovett, Laycock, Hille

Goals WB: Murphy 6, Giansiracusa 3, Grant 3, Johnson 2, Hargrave 2, Smith

cameeel

International Captain
Ladder after Round 10

West Coast Eagles
Geelong
Melbourne
Richmond
Adelaide
Kangaroos
St Kilda
Fremantle
Sydney Swans
Western Bulldogs
Essendon
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
Brisbane Lions
Collingwood
Carlton

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Buddhmaster said:
My new high score for Dream Team-1811

Very happy with how my team's looking. Brown out, Brad Johnson in.
I traded in Browny for Luke Hodge.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How the hell do you call this season? Geelong were dominating only a couple of weeks ago, and 4 weeks ago Collingwood looked dreadful. Now Geelong have lost 2 in a row, including a shock loss to Collingwood tonight. Meanwhile the Pies have won 3 on the trot.

Weird weird season.

cameeel

International Captain
West Coast have beaten Richmond in a thriller at the MCG, best game all season, fast, free flowing footy

West Coast: 15.15 - 105
Defeated
Richmond Tigers: 15.13 - 103

Goals WC: Matera 5, Judd 3, Edwards 2, Butler, Seaby, Kerr, Lynch, Chick

Goals RT: Richardson 5, Pettifer 3, Campbell 2, Coughlan, Deledio, Hilton, K.Johnson, Krakouer

BoG was Chris Judd of West Coast

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from the Telstra Dome

Sydney Swans 18.8 - 116
Defeated
Carlton Blues 14.7 - 91

Goals SS: Hall 5, O'Loughlin 4, Ablett 2, O'Keefe 2, Buchanan, Davis, Goodes, Jolly, Malceski

Goals CB: Whitnall 5, Waite 4, Fevola 3, Betts, Teague

BoG was Lance Whitnall of Carlton

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
A couple of pretty big games coming up tonight for all teams involved. Fremantle need to win to get back into the 8 and finally show a little spine at home, Brisbane to keep their season alive, Essendon to get back in touch with the 8 and Adelaide to move into the top 4.

Picking Brisbane and Adelaide here.

cameeel

International Captain
I'm tipping St Kilda, Melbourne, Fremantle, Adelaide and the Bulldogs for the rest of the round, no certainties there though, except the dees!

ash chaulk

International Captain
Aaron Edwards looks like a class player for the eagles..... i think west coast going to have a brisbane type dominance in a couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.